magnawing

Eric Frein Captured in hangar at Poconos Mountain Airport

This wasn't at Poconos Mountain Airport (KMPO), which is still an active airport, and not particularly close to where he was captured.  He was captured at Birchwood Pocono Airport, which closed in 1995.  http://www.airfields-freeman.com/PA/Airfields_PA_NE.htm#birchwood

This wasn't at Poconos Mountain Airport (KMPO), which is still an active airport, and not particularly close to where he was captured.  He was captured at Birchwood Pocono Airport, which closed in 1995.  http://www.airfields-freeman.com/PA/Airfields_PA_NE.htm#birchwood

Not to start a pissing match, but KMPO is only about 8nm from where he was captured. As the crow flies, or my case the helicopter.

Everyone bitched and moaned that he was long gone. He wasn't.

Everyone bitched they couldn't find him, when they do find him, everyone bitches that it took too long.

There is a right way and a wrong way to search. There is a right way and a wrong way to hunt for a fugitive. Contrary to what our local NJGF members who are experts in fugitive recovery and LEO man tracking in open and wooded terrain think :rolleyes:, these guys did it the right way and it worked - They caught him, no one else got hurt.

Well done to all a involved in the hunt. It must have taken a lot of restraint and professionalism to take him alive.

Good job for sure..... Only thing that sux is the money that had to be spent to find this puke.
I can tell ya, as a former Tracker, time is not always on your side. But having patience, being smart and cunning is....

Yep, if it wasn't for all the publicity, I'm sure he would have been hurting awhile. I hear they cuffed him with the deceased trooper's cuffs. Nice... Hope he is looking down and smiling... :)

Everyone bitched they couldn't find him, when they do find him, everyone bitches that it took too long.

There is a right way and a wrong way to search. There is a right way and a wrong way to hunt for a fugitive. Contrary to what our local NJGF members who are experts in fugitive recovery and LEO man tracking in open and wooded terrain think :rolleyes:, these guys did it the right way and it worked - They caught him, no one else got hurt.

Well done to all a involved in the hunt. It must have taken a lot of restraint and professionalism to take him alive.

you should try reading the 557 page thread over on PAFOA,  if you think our bitching here was bad, lol

Just said that... :) I'll give you credit for the car though. ;)

They used the slain Trooper's handcuffs and placed him in his patrol car.  Excellent work. He should be forced to wear those handcuffs for eternity.  Bury him with them on.

I posted this in the other thread:

Noonan said Frein was in good health, despite what he described as a "scratch" on his nose that he said was already there when marshals arrested him.

- from a Fox News Article:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/31/eric-frein-suspect-in-pennsylvania-trooper-ambush-taken-into-custody/

He was taken into custody by US Marshals SOG. Probably a big reason as to why he is alive and unharmed by the Police.

As much as any of us (human beings, not just Police) may desire revenge and retribution, LEO professionalism usually wins and this is a good thing.

After being on the run in rough terrain for weeks, I can think of a million reasons more plausible for his injury than an unprofessional US Marshall SOG guy or PASP Trooper willing to risk tainting the arrest, marring the upcoming trial, or giving his defense attorney ammunition to use against them in court.

Anyway, as Damon Wayans said, "Hope you like prison food. And penis."

probably just fell UP the stairs..... accidents happen, he should have been more careful

"Sir, please watch your head getting into the car, opps!"

"Ouch! Sir, please wait fir the elevator doors to open before stepping in..."

Two old school popular ones.... Heh- Heh- Heh! >Snicker<

Abandoned hangar at an airfield at an abandoned resort. Didn't they think he might have been hiding at an abandoned resort weeks ago?

Yeah but that would have required searching tens of thousands of locations in Pennsylvania. 

I have to admit I was wrong about this guy. Never in a million years did I think he was still local. I figured he'd stashed away enough stuff to get to Canada. 15 miles a day is not too much for a guy in good shape. In three weeks he'd have gone 300-400 miles. During the interim he could have taught himself French, grown a goatee, and got a job at a nice coffee shop north of Montreal :)

Now I wonder how many flights of stairs he'll fall down before his trial.

I have to admit I was wrong about this guy. Never in a million years did I think he was still local. I figured he'd stashed away enough stuff to get to Canada. 15 miles a day is not too much for a guy in good shape. In three weeks he'd have gone 300-400 miles. During the interim he could have taught himself French, grown a goatee, and got a job at a nice coffee shop north of Montreal :)

You are not alone. A lot of people were wrong.

Now I wonder how many flights of stairs he'll fall down before his trial.

:facepalm: None. See above....