John Boy

Form 212A Preparation: Once or Use Multiple Times

In August, 2014 - I paid $20.00 and completed the on-line, the Criminal History Record Information Request that was electronically sent to the NJSP and my Municipal Police Department - for 2 PP Permits

I now found a nice 9mm Luger that I want to purchase ... Do I have to complete the Form212A again or could I just mail the August Form 212A confirmation to the NJSP and also give a copy to my local Police Department ?

In August, 2014 - I paid $20.00 and completed the on-line, the Criminal History Record Information Request that was electronically sent to the NJSP and my Municipal Police Department - for 2 PP Permits

I now found a nice 9mm Luger that I want to purchase ... Do I have to complete the Form212A again or could I just mail the August Form 212A confirmation to the NJSP and also give a copy to my local Police Department ?

I would check with your local PD, but my understanding is that each time you apply (i.e. submit an sts-033), you must also submit an sp-066 as well as do the SB212A on-line (or by hard copy if your PD still requires that).  What your local PD does with it, I'm not sure.  But I could imagine them getting a new Criminal history done each time, as the history might have changed since the last time it was done, even if only a short interval (i.e. a month or so)...