Lalo

Netflix List (v. ScaryMovieEdition)

Time for another "help me find a Netflix movie" thread but this time, let's focus on scary movies that are available on Netflix streaming!

I can't remember the last time I've seen a truly scary/suspenseful/eerie movie that has made my palms sweat. Watching the original Halloween movie on TV this week made me remember how sometimes a simple movie like that can have such an effect on people even after all these years.

What do you guys think. Any suggestions for scary Netflix movies to watch tonight?

Hellraiser

Children of the Corn

All the ones I really think are scary aren't on Netflix.   The Omen freaked me out as a 12YO alone in my house.

Jeepers Creepers flat out fried my brain, but I have an excuse.    I was on a business trip to China, I had been up roughly 45 hours traveling, getting perhaps 2 hours on the plane.    I had eaten dinner in the hotel, had maybe 5 beers, really fast, went to bed in my room and fell asleep.  I awoke an hour later to Jeepers Creepers on the tube, dubbed into Chinese and I had never heard of the movie.  I was really tired, a little drunk and 12 hours out on the clock.  At the time I thought it was some freaky Chinese horror or something and started having some really weird thoughts for about 5 minutes.    Needless to say I actually yanked the plug out of the wall and went downstairs to be with some people, even if they didn't speak English.  I waved some RMB at a bartender and proceeded to get gorked on enough Xing Tao until I knew I wouldn't wake up again until the morning.

Vhs 2 was really freaky. Don't bother with one.

Dead silence was pretty good as well

I actually watched the first one last week and was meh. Maybe I'll give the second one a try. Will have to give Dead Silence a try. It's on my list just never paid much attention to it.

Hellraiser

Children of the Corn

The first Hellraiser is a classic! Scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Children of the Corn is another awesome classic. Wife never saw so that is a very good candidate!

Well, in addition to Halloween, it is also the anniversary of the Battle of Bersheeba in 1917. So instead of scary how about heroic?

It's not scary but it makes my palms sweat!

Thanks for that recomendation HE. Not exactly what I was looking for but these kinds of movies definitely interest me so I'll keep that marked as a favorite to watch later.

My problem is they don't make scary movies they way they used to.  Scary movies used to mess you up for like days.... now they are predictable and laughable just overly gorey. 

I saw yesterday that they added the new Carrie to the list.

Dead Snow is decent... funny, scary, nazi zombies...... just saying

The Bay was kinda cool

The cabin in the Woods

Any of the Paranormal Activity movies freak me out

Contracted is on my list of "want to watch"

VHS looks freaky

I don't know if it is on netflix, but theres a movie called Pan's Labyrinth, its in spanish and all subtitled but this movie freaked me out.  Just a creepy Del Toro flick.