Lecky

Propane

Wallmart, Sams, Dicks, Lowes, HomeDepot, they call carry them at roughly the same price. One day or another one may be on sale by a buck or two per pack of four, but on the average you are paying $3/lb

3 a lb is there anyway to refill those tanks from a bulk tank like a grill tank that would be so much cheaper as the 20lb usually go for 20 it 25

To properly refill them requires you to invert the larger tank as you need the liquid to move to the smaller cylinder.  You also need to vent the gas out of the smaller cylinder so the liquid will transfer.  Unless you live in the wide open spaces, it doesn't take much for propane vapors to spread across the neighborhood. 

I admit I have something similar and have tried it.  Not worth it.  I just buy a two double packs and go with the flow.  A hose and a adapter to the bigger tank makes better sense.  I do this with the portable stoves, grills, and heaters.

I have one of those refill fittings from Harbor Fright and it works quite well. It won't fill the 1lb as full as new, but to me it doesn't matter. Basically you invert the big tank and screw in the fitting, then the small tank and open the valve. They say to put the 1lb tank in the freezer for an hour or so if you want it to fill a little more. The only issue I've had is the schrader valves some times go bad and will leak out the gas. Since I mostly leave the torch on the bottle, it's not an issue to me.