Tom-NJ2AS

Xbox one users need tips

Hey guys. Just ordered the Xbox one kinect bundle that comes with versions of assassins creed. Not sure if the games are good but still was a good deal for all of that stuff. I pick it up from best buy tomorrow. This is mostly for the kids but I heard I can operate my fios box through it. Is this worth setting up this way? This will be hooked up to my Samsung smart tv that already has all the apps in it I need. If I hook the cable box through it will it just confuse my inlaws or anyone else trying to use that is not tech savvy? Any other tips about this Xbox one would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you lose your remote, you can just say commands to the xbox to go to certain channels according to the guy at game stop.  As for the Assasins Creed Unity, I have only watcehd videos (mostly on Amazon) and the game looks AMAZING!  All the other AC games were really good but kind of linear and you were slightly restricted.... You had to find a wagon of hay to get off a building but now you can completely scale buildings.  Also the multi-player looks like a blast.  It really is a good price since the Kinnect is 150 alone and the system is 350 by itself.  I keep debating between the Assassins Creed bundle and the Call of Duty bundle.  The CoD one doesn't have a Kinnect but it does have 1T of memory which is insane.  The kids will love the kinnect so I will likely get a bundle with kinnect.  I am hoping closer to xmas that other bundles will come out.

I ended up with a different bundle. I forget the game nuts i awhile Xbox one. The manager let me know after I was told o could pick up the assassins creed bundle that the girl was wrong and I couldn't take it home till the 11th. I looked at him and pointed to my sons face. He grabbed the white Xbox one, discounted the seperate kinect and matches the price I would have paid. I still may get the assassins game cause it does look cool. Did some research on hooking up cable box and a lot of guys say it seems to degrade the picture when porting it through the Xbox. I'll still try it thoigh

I haven't noticed any degradation at all while viewing TV.  I have my Direct TV box hooked up to it and it works flawlessly.  Picture is just as sharp as it does if I run the box directly to my HDTV.  Using the Kinect for voice commands to control my TV is awesome... I love this function and don't use the remote for the Direct TV that much at all anymore.

I haven't noticed any degradation at all while viewing TV. I have my Direct TV box hooked up to it and it works flawlessly. Picture is just as sharp as it does if I run the box directly to my HDTV. Using the Kinect for voice commands to control my TV is awesome... I love this function and don't use the remote for the Direct TV that much at all anymore.

Thanks for the info. I will try it this weekend!