Sign in to follow this  
10X

Today was a pretty good day on the ranges...

I'd planned to do a little shooting today, but since it was so very, very windy, I realized that spending the rest of the day trying to blow leaves around was a futile gesture...so I gave up on the notion of doing yard work.

First up was the weekly Northern New Jersey Police Revolver League match at Riverdale.

Right after lunch, I went to the North Jersey Clay Target Club for a couple of rounds of trap

Then it was off to the Sunday night action shoot at Tenafly--this week, a Bianchi Cup short course.

So, three events, at three clubs, in one day.  A new record for me.

Livin' the dream.

Took my son to EFGA to test some new 9mm reloads and pump some big lead (45 acp) down the range. Unfortunately, the second 9mm round was missing the powder and the bullet got stuck in the barrel. So we just put 250 .45s and 200 .22lr downrange.

Yeah, it was kind of challenging.    Also, shooting in that wind weakened my argument that it was too windy to possibly do any work outside...

Took my son to EFGA to test some new 9mm reloads and pump some big lead (45 acp) down the range. Unfortunately, the second 9mm round was missing the powder and the bullet got stuck in the barrel. So we just put 250 .45s and 200 .22lr downrange.

You need to get squib rods sucks to have a squib take you out of shooting for the day

You need to get squib rods sucks to have a squib take you out of shooting for the day

That's my plan...didn't have any with me though. Still got in a good 2 hours of shooting. And came home with more brass than I left with.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

That's my plan...didn't have any with me though. Still got in a good 2 hours of shooting. And came home with more brass than I left with. This signature is AWESOME!!!

That's the same reason I almost always bring multiple calibers with me last time I was at the range my mkii starts acting up but I had my 1911 and my Glock so the trip was not a loss