Recoil

Recoil Range in Monroe Twp NJ opening hopefully in Summer/Fall 2015

Hi All, my name is David and my family is in the process of opening up an indoor shooting range in Monroe Twp. NJ. Some of you may have read in the paper a few years back about us getting approval for it, and we were planning on being up and running by now; however this has proven a difficult task. Every step forward we take, we take 2 steps back. That being said, this is a reality and not just a dream. We have gotten Preliminary site plan approval in September and have to make a few small changes to the plan to resubmit for final site plan approval. We are planning on being a NJGF sponsor in the near future as we get a bit closer. Feel free to post any questions or comments here and I will update this thread once there actually is an update. In the meantime, feel free to visit our website recoilnj.com to view updates and get on our email list. 

Sounds good. Best of luck!

You know, if you play your cards right and use this site to build up hype (become a sponsor, provide constant updates, pictures, etc) by the time you open, you'll already have a pretty big following. (read: free advertizing)

Dave. I am sure you know who I am talking about but I called Paul to get a quote on a liner installation project and he says to me "I'm getting out of the business and we are opening a new range in Monroe". I have used Paul on mutable jobs in the past and has always done a great job. I'm sure you guys will continue with your new venture. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all for your support. Yes I have heard about Paul and his project and we wish him the best of luck.

We are pretty excited about getting this off the ground and actually having a place to shoot that is less than 45 minutes away. We are not sure about pricing at this point but will be sure to keep everyone updated. Unfortunately this has taken about 2 years longer than we had hoped! We are tentatively planning on being up and running by Fall 2015, just not sure yet if that is possible based on how long everything has taken thus far. That being said, every day is a step closer, and we thank everyone for the well wishes. 

The range will be 15 lanes @ 25 yards. This range will be in Monroe between Helmetta and Jamesburg. It will be on Mott avenue. Our engineer is still working on site plan. We were hoping to go for final approval in January but I don't think that is going to happen. Hoping for February at the latest. Never in the world did we expect site plan approval to take 2 years, but that is the world we live in. We are headed to SHOT SHOW next week, so we are hoping to make some solid contacts there that can help us get this going as quickly and efficiently as possible. I have received all of the people who signed up for the e-mail updates and will be sending out an update soon with where we stand. Thanks for everyone's support. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I will be happy to answer what I can at this point. 

If i can make a suggestion. Maybe have one late night where youre open untill 11pm!

S&W 637 [] Sig 1911 .22lr [] Glock 22 Gen4 [] Mossberg 590 [] M&P 15 Sport

Great suggestion, and a pet peeve of ours as well when ranges close early. We are definitely considering a late night or 2 during the week. Will keep you updated! Everyone please feel free to add any other suggestions and I promise that all reasonable suggestions will be seriously considered. 

PS No beer bar!

The more ranges the better.  

Site plan approval can take a long time, especially if there are environmental concerns like wetlands or a change in use.  If you find Bog Turtles... forget it! 

Do you guys have an Architect on board already?  If not, let me know ;-)  Can't beat having a gun owning Architect to design a range lol