Sign in to follow this  
sof

CCI Mini mags

Weirdest thing. Last summer I ordered a case of 5000 mini mags from MIdwayUSA and of course it was on backorder. I forgot about it except briefly about 5 or 6 months ago when someone had a related thread on the forum. Well, today I got an email stating that it had been shipped. 8 cents a round if I remember correctly. I guess all things come to those who wait!

I've back ordered at least 30k rounds of 22lr (assuming all came through). By the time I respond they're sold out, or the page has disappeared. Happened just yesterday in fact. 5k rounds of CCI from somewhere I forget, <7 cents/round -- sold out. And I'm often at my computer at 5:30-6:00 am. I've never received a single round of .22 through the back order process. Not one. 

OK, Dumb  question of the day... :D

I bought my 1st brick of CCI Mini mags  (.22LR) recently (i.e. the one with Troy Landry on it sayng "Choot'Em". :)

I've come to find out that, technically, they are "hollow points."   It says so on the packaging, and they sure look

like microscopic hollow points.  :shok:

Are these then subject to NJ restrictions on hollow point ammo?  Is there any other kind of .22LR ammo I should be buying instead of this to comply with NJ regs (if necessary)?

And, no, none of you need to help me "fix the problem" by relieving me of my remaining inventory!  :D :D :D

Yup, nope.  Hollow point rules apply, and I know of no special regs you need to apply to other than the hollow point rule.  What you shoot is up to you.

Isn't it weird that you can drive around with all sorts of rifle and shotgun rounds, you can stop for coffee and lunch, go to Shop Rite on your way home, but one .22 hp can get you thrown into prison? How, as Baldrick might ask, did we get to this state of affairs?