Lecky

Only one handgun

So, welcome to the CZ club. As stated before you won't regret it. What were the deciding factors for you?

Check out Cajun Gun Works site for cool stuff. The gun needs nothing to smooth it out but some rounds down the pipe, and down the road if you get the bug, his stuff is first rate.

My SP-01 is the only gun that has made every single trip to the range.

So, welcome to the CZ club. As stated before you won't regret it. What were the deciding factors for you?

Check out Cajun Gun Works site for cool stuff. The gun needs nothing to smooth it out but some rounds down the pipe, and down the road if you get the bug, his stuff is first rate.

My SP-01 is the only gun that has made every single trip to the range.

hi sof, this was going to be my last handgun purchase so I wanted it to be the correct one, I really wanted the sp01 but at the time no one was able to get it. I was going back and forth between the beretta 92 and the cz. A lot of the handguns that people were posting I already own, so I kind of knew that I wanted either the beretta or the cz. Then one day I was in heritage guild and a guy brought in a new 92 that he just purchased and there was a problem with the frame from when they cast it, and the salesman said it was the second one like that. So from that point I leaned towards the cz. I ended up purchasing it from Steve at monmouth arms, he is a really great guy. The only regret I have is that I didn't buy everything from him from the begining.

Ruger Gp 100 for me... almost went with the Glock 19-but less is almost more with me...easy to clean, less parts to worry about malfunctioning.

Easy to take apart.

None of the dreaded FTF, FTE, Stove Pipe issues. At least, less FTF chances.

None of the magazine max round issues.

RELIABLE AS HELL.

I'm into the wheel guns lately, can ya tell?

Glock 23 ... no question about it.  I could go on and on why, but a few arguers would argue on and on.  But to me, it's pretty much the quintessential "one gun" and perfect defensive/general use/ carry-home defense-personal protection-fun at the range sometimes/ survival/ et. al pistol.

Why?

That's a pretty bold declarative statement that goes past mere personal preference. What data/experience do you have to justify it?

No, it's just my opinion, my own personal preference. I'm rather inexperienced so maybe you should take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

My reasons are based on covering as many bases as possible. A properly maintained, quality revolver will never fail. No failures to feed or to eject. They're not fussy about what ammo you put into them. If a round doesn't go off squeeze the trigger again as they say. Revolvers serve many functions from self defense to home defense to recreational shooting. A .357 revolver also shoots .38 specials, a very different, lighter round.

Revolvers' only drawback is they are round-limited. So are many popular carry pistols, particularly pocket guns in .380 and 9mm. 

OP asked about only one gun, not "what's your favorite gun?" For me that would probably be one of my CZ pistols.