Meissama

apex gunparts Romanian scopes

I have never dealt with this company. I find the description funny...basically they are saying you could get something that's been beat to hell and back or you could get one that's only been beaten to hell and you may be able to get it back.

Do yourself a favor a look at good equipment!!

Yeah, it was more of the fact do they de mil them and purposefully destroy them or are they just "broken" for unknown reasons and it's possible to fix. Im more looking at just something to have fun tinkering with. Worse comes to worse as long as the thing can hold zero I have a cheapish optic that is relatively ruggedized.

Apex = good.

IOR = good. 

Beat to heck mil-surp made by IOR?  you roll the dice and take your chances. The scopes in question are NOT IOR's best work. Solid construction, nice reticle etching usually, very much a KISS piece of gear other than the mounting solution. THey do tend to skimp on the glass compared to IOR's usual and be a bit on the green side and not as bright as they could be for the format. IT just looks like they picked up a bunch of stuff that was in need of being refurbed and either didn't get done or didn't make the cut. 

Apex is a great company and they are good to go in terms of customer service and a positive shopping experience, but those scopes sound like a real hit or miss. 

I'd hold off if I were you and take that 80 bucks, more like 90 or 100 after shipping, and put that towards a quality scope. If you are looking for a nicer scope (you know, one that WILL have an on/off switch or scope covers lol) check out Kalinka. I have no experience with them but many AK collectors do and they really like them.

Thanks I appreciate that info. I was looking for a neat period piece more for the looks but still deemed usable. As for an accuracy build I'd likely look at building an ar. But if tho plans fall thru for the future I'll keep that name in mind if I decide to turn my am into a downrange heavy hitter.