Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Santa's village

If anyone is even remotely close to the Deptford mall I suggest using that Santa. HSN is doing the Santa's village and it's crazy. Deptford is one of 10 malls in the country to get the set up

post-2362-141553155848_thumb.jpg

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2014/11/new_santa_hq_at_deptford_mall_delivers_more_than_just_a_snapshot_with_kris_kringe.html

When parents and their children walk into the new Santa HQ at the Deptford Mall, they'll quickly find out if their child's been naughty or nice.

A scrolling digital naughty or nice list runs names, and hopefully, your little one's name pops up on the nice list.

This new set, designed by HGTV, is basically a way to wait in line without having to just stand there, said Lori Belsito, Deptford Mall marketing manager. Consisting of separate spaces that families can explore, visitors can take an Elife Selfie — "your child can get a picture with an elf," Belsito said — and then make a video of themselves dancing with that very elf and have it emailed to their parents. In the next room, experience "Elf-Ray vision," where symbols on the walls come to life when your child picks up a tablet and places it in front of those symbols.

"It's like a game," Belsito said.

In that same room check out Santa's control room and see how Santa's sleigh is built. And this is all before they even get to the man in the red suit.

"We'll have about 12 to 16 people come through at a time," Belsito said. So that way it won't get too crowded in the rooms, she added.

"It's a lot of fun," said Tiffani Sierra, of Deptford, who came with her three children and niece to see Santa Claus. "The kids loved it. There's so much more for them to do."

And that's really the whole point here, giving the kids something to do while they wait to see the big guy. New this year and created by the popular interior design TV network HGTV, Santa's new digs will be set up in 10 malls — owned by Macerich — across the country. The new Santa HQ will be in malls in Arizona, Connecticut, Colorado, California and Oregon as well.

The Deptford Mall is the only mall in the state with the new digs for Santa Claus.

It's a very interactive experience and there's also a light show — the whole set lights up to the sounds of holiday tunes — that features music from the album, "That's Christmas to Me."

"It's also more fun for the parents," Sierra said. "Parents can have as much fun as their kids."

And if you're worried that your child's name might show up on that naughty list, don't, because it turns out, "everyone's nice," wink, wink.

Santa HQ is open now through Wednesday, Dec. 24, seven days a week. There's a general admission line, or guests can book a reservation online at www.Santa-HQ.com.

Yes, my daughter is 8 and I'm assuming if we even get through this year with her still believing at the end of the season, it will probably be the last, so I'm glad for her to have this super new set-up to enjoy while she still believes.  We went Saturday morning to the Santa parade in the mall and ribbon cutting for the new digs, it was fun.