RTSP1

RTSP Feedback & Suggestions

I'm thinking about renting a few guns here that I'm considering buying. What are the typical ammo prices? I see the fee info on the website but no mention of ammo costs per box. I'd be shooting the cheapest 22LR, 40S&W, 45ACP, 38SPL, and maybe 357MAG.

Also, will I be allowed to stick adhesive target spots onto their paper targets, and to pick up my spent centerfire brass? And am I obligated to use the entire box in one session?

I'm thinking about renting a few guns here that I'm considering buying. What are the typical ammo prices? I see the fee info on the website but no mention of ammo costs per box. I'd be shooting the cheapest 22LR, 40S&W, 45ACP, 38SPL, and maybe 357MAG.

Also, will I be allowed to stick adhesive target spots onto their paper targets, and to pick up my spent centerfire brass? And am I obligated to use the entire box in one session?

.22 is around $11 for a box, .38 is around $30 for 50 .45 and .357 are pushing $40 for 50 rounds.

I use stickers all the time.

I don't see a problem with collecting your brass but you must have a FPID card to leave with unused ammo.

You didnt hear it from me, but we have a nice shipment of revolvers coming in next week. No R8's that i am aware of you call the shop and ask for Mike Moore he is the sales manager he can poke around for one.

thanks

S&W 637 [] Sig 1911 .22lr [] Glock 22 Gen4 [] Mossberg 590 [] M&P 15 Sport

The staff for the most part is great.  Anytime you walk in you are addressed by name, or if someone does not know you it's Hello Sir or Hello Mamma.  I recall perhaps six months ago how I brought my 23 year old son to shoot and as we walked in the door three people shouted Hello Howard.  He looked at me in total disbelief.  He said he goes to his gym in NYC about four times a week and if he is lucky the best he gets is a grunt from the person at the front desk. It would be great if more businesses treated their customers this way -- keep up the great work.

+1 Howard for putting an emphasis on the staff. I love shooting @ RTSP (20 minutes away) but I wish they would focus on customer service and employee well being. Not many successful companies keep great employees if they do not offer minimal benefits to those employees. I was told by my first boss "My business is only as good as my employees". Work life balance is required to keep focused on the things that matter the most. I have had the pleasure of getting to know many of the staff and they all want to do the best for each customer, for RTSP and eventually themselves. The ownership should consider how to keep the staff happy so they keep getting A+ feedback from regulars like Howard and the masses.

+1 Howard for putting an emphasis on the staff. I love shooting @ RTSP (20 minutes away) but I wish they would focus on customer service and employee well being. Not many successful companies keep great employees if they do not offer minimal benefits to those employees. I was told by my first boss "My business is only as good as my employees". Work life balance is required to keep focused on the things that matter the most. I have had the pleasure of getting to know many of the staff and they all want to do the best for each customer, for RTSP and eventually themselves. The ownership should consider how to keep the staff happy so they keep getting A+ feedback from regulars like Howard and the masses.

Obviously whatever they're doing for their employees is working. I've seen a few faces come and go, but many have been there since they opened.

+1 Howard for putting an emphasis on the staff. I love shooting @ RTSP (20 minutes away) but I wish they would focus on customer service and employee well being. Not many successful companies keep great employees if they do not offer minimal benefits to those employees. I was told by my first boss "My business is only as good as my employees". Work life balance is required to keep focused on the things that matter the most. I have had the pleasure of getting to know many of the staff and they all want to do the best for each customer, for RTSP and eventually themselves. The ownership should consider how to keep the staff happy so they keep getting A+ feedback from regulars like Howard and the masses.

Hmmmm, your post is very odd! We have a great employee retention rate.  We care about them to the point of allowing some of our employees to move laterally within the company instead of releasing them for not performing up to the job requirement.  This has happened more the a few times.  So when you say  "ownership" should  "consider how to keep the staff happy" to me it would imply that you have information that they are not happy.  If you choose to make inane blanket statement and you are at the range frequently it is probably best that you say them in person to one of the owners instead of typing it here. Just a thought.

Another great purchase today from RTSP!  These guys are patient, knowledgeable, and willing to work with you to determine what you want, need etc, unlike a lot of other LGS where the staff acts as if you are keeping them from more important duties, like their smoking break. 

I find that their firearm prices are better than a lot of brick and mortar places in NJ, and only slightly above a lot of the online dealers.

Rtsp prices are strange. Some brands are stupid over priced vs what you can get elsewhere even with the FFL and some are good. For example. I purchased a Glock 23 at RTSP and got a great price. I also purchased a HK there and got hosed. Didn't realize it until later. It was an impulse buy. I have that problem with guns. "My name is dman and I have a gun problem"

I went there today, my neighbor is a member, the place looks great. I used to be a member for their first two years before the renovation. The only suggestion I'd make is a few more wheel guns to choose from.

Rtsp prices are strange. Some brands are stupid over priced vs what you can get elsewhere even with the FFL and some are good. For example. I purchased a Glock 23 at RTSP and got a great price. I also purchased a HK there and got hosed. Didn't realize it until later. It was an impulse buy. I have that problem with guns. "My name is dman and I have a gun problem"

Strange? Our prices are great!!!!!! 20% or less over cost and members get 5% off of that. Plus members get another 1% rewards point cash back at the end of the month on all firearms purchases.  

Four of us did the advanced tactical training, pistols and AR's, with the Spartan Group at your facility. Was an amazing day. It's great that you guys offer such advanced programs and partnerships. Great facility.

Peter:

I am a new member at RTSP, having joined this past January. Having used the range 4-5 times so far I would like to add my compliments to the management and staff for creating a range and environment that is very welcoming with knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff. On my first visit I was given a tour of the entire facility by a senior staff member, (whose name I unfortunately forgot), who was very pleasant, informative and answered all of me questions to my satisfaction. I had only planned to use the range as a guest, but was so impressed that I decided then and there to become a member.

I have already purchased gun cleaning supplies and additional magazines from RTSP and am also planning to purchase another hand gun in the coming month and will most likely buy it from RTSP. I have learned from my brief experience at RTSP, that as a member, to go early on a Sat. or Sun., between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. to practice on the range and avoid the busy crowds of both members and non-members that start to arrive after 10:00 a.m. on weekends.

One suggestion for a small but helpful improvement:

Since all of using the range need to first put on our “eyes and ears” protection before we may enter the range, the logistics of doing so can be awkward and somewhat confusing with the current set up. Since we members for the most part, already own and bring with us to the range, our protective shooting glasses and earplugs/earmuffs, having someplace near the entrance door to the vestibule to put these on would make sense and would be very convenient.

A solution would be to place a large table, say 30” wide x 60” long, near the wall-mounted, for-sale gun accessories close to the range entry vestibule, where we all could temporarily place our range bag, remove our “eyes and ears” from the bag, put them on, and then be ready to enter the range.

It would be a nice and inexpensive convenience and accommodation for this necessary routine and could also be sort of an “on deck” area, where we could wait for our name and lane to be announced, then enter the range. Yes, I know that you have tables and chairs on the other side of the retail area but if our wait is only 1-10 mins, why go over there… Other ranges, such as Gun For Hire / Woodland Park, NJ have this type of set up and it is appreciated by all members. It is an easy “fix”….

Other than that, thanks for all of your effective efforts and please keep up the good work!

AVB-AMG

What is up with having to be photographed to shoot?

I have no absolute answer for that, but most likely a check to make sure no Vampires are allowed out on the range.  If the camera does not capture your image then you are banned for likely being a Vampire :)

What is up with having to be photographed to shoot?

Redlines:

I had my photo taken at the RTSP range when I joined them.  At the Gun For Hire range in Woodland Park, NJ they also take your photo when you become a member and your picture is put on your membership ID card which is on a lanyard that you can wear around your neck while at the range.  I do not have a problem with that.

Otherwise, I would assume that the photos help the folks behind the desk identify members by comparing their photos on their computer file against the person standing in front of them, making sure they are in fact the member they claim to be.

I guess it could be somewhat plausable, even though rather remote, that someone may have eitehr borrowed, stolen or was lent the ID card and are using it to gain the less expense access to the range. 

In Manhattan, some office buildngs, including mine, still practice security measures enacted after 9/11 where you need to show a photo ID, usually a Driver's License, give the name of the person and company you are visiting, then check with that company to make sure they are expecting you, and then they will also take your photo, which may or may not appear on a temporary paper pass they give you to gain access through the security turnstiles leading to the various elevator banks. 

Is all of this overkill in my opinion....?

Probably, but the Real Estate managment companies managing these buildings use these over-the-top security measures as a selling point to attract and keep tenants. 

Yet again, howard may be onto something regarding the vampire screening concept.......

AVB-AMG

This was not for membership just for a walk in . No membership cards.

It's so next time you come as a walk in, the guy/gal behind the counter can punch in your name, see your face on the screen, identify you are the same guy that previously attended a session visually, and you don't have to fill out all the first time paperwork/watch video to shoot again. It makes your next trip out much faster. It's just an aid to the people behind the counter. First time I shot there was as somebody's guest, then when I joined the picture they took the first time, went on my ID card.

They don't send your picture to the FBI or something to that effect, if that's what your thinking. Are you Amish? Lol...

^^^^ Yea, most likely that!  Perhaps also a requirement of the insurance underwriter??  But I am sticking to my story that it also helps prevent Vampires from getting their hands on guns.  We already know Zombies can be an issue, so I'm sure they don't want Vampires added to the mix. :)

Redlines:

I had my photo taken at the RTSP range when I joined them.  At the Gun For Hire range in Woodland Park, NJ they also take your photo when you become a member and your picture is put on your membership ID card which is on a lanyard that you can wear around your neck while at the range.  I do not have a problem with that.

Otherwise, I would assume that the photos help the folks behind the desk identify members by comparing their photos on their computer file against the person standing in front of them, making sure they are in fact the member they claim to be.

I guess it could be somewhat plausable, even though rather remote, that someone may have eitehr borrowed, stolen or was lent the ID card and are using it to gain the less expense access to the range. 

In Manhattan, some office buildngs, including mine, still practice security measures enacted after 9/11 where you need to show a photo ID, usually a Driver's License, give the name of the person and company you are visiting, then check with that company to make sure they are expecting you, and then they will also take your photo, which may or may not appear on a temporary paper pass they give you to gain access through the security turnstiles leading to the various elevator banks. 

Is all of this overkill in my opinion....?

Probably, but the Real Estate managment companies managing these buildings use these over-the-top security measures as a selling point to attract and keep tenants. 

Yet again, howard may be onto something regarding the vampire screening concept.......

AVB-AMG

Everyone who takes a class or shoots at the range has their photo taken.

^^^^ Yea, most likely that! Perhaps also a requirement of the insurance underwriter?? But I am sticking to my story that it also helps prevent Vampires from getting their hands on guns. We already know Zombies can be an issue, so I'm sure they don't want Vampires added to the mix. :)

^^^^^Lmfao!

Whatever it takes to keep the vampires out of the range, I'm all for it! I'm not down with sharing a port with Nosferatu...

ec196eab68b351666dd7e5527e94fbf0.jpg

Is the Spartan Group still affiliated with RTSP?  I just went on the RTSP site and can't find the link to the Spartan pages that used to be on there.

No.....  they are not working together anymore.....

Contact Rich at RTSP to discuss advanced training....