Krdshrk

Dick's Sporting Goods Black Friday Deals

Not bad I was able to get a rain check on the 14 gun cabinet from tractor supply, their price was $99.

Sent from my ADR6350

roger. Tractor supply had some really good deals but it all came down to driving time . It wud take me about 2hrs rnd trip to go to tractor supply vs 10mins to to dick's :)

roger. Tractor supply had some really good deals but it all came down to driving time . It wud take me about 2hrs rnd trip to go to tractor supply vs 10mins to to dick's :)

I hear you there man I got lucky and they just opened one near my house.

Sent from my ADR6350

They told me they had a third of the gun sales they had last year. Less fear of Obama regulations?

People who support the 2nd Amendment don't shop there anymore. That may sound like an inconsequential demographic for a "sporting goods" store in New Jersey, but in America it's 30-90% of their customers. It hit them immediately, their numbers dropped Q1 2013 and it made national news, just when all sporting goods stores and firearms retailers were having sales through the roof.

Eventually there will probably be more Dick's selling guns and ammo in Jersey than the rest of the country combined. People can make whatever mental excuses they want, but the truth is NJ gun owners overlook Dick's while gun owners in other states don't simply because they are the only chain retailer of guns and ammo in NJ. Everyone makes decisions between doing what is right and doing what is convenient based on the strength of their convictions vs. the cost of their convictions for a given subject.

Unfortunately "standing up for your convictions" really doesn't mean much in terms of sales for Dick's...  It's the same way with Walmart.  Bottom line - if the price is right, people will buy.  

That's simply not true, at least in this case. Dick's has lost hundreds of thousands of regular customers, and their numbers show it.

Find me a gun forum thread outside of Jersey where people are unanimously drooling in mass over a Dick's Black Friday sale. It's just us. And, it's not price. It's desperation. Like I said, it's because they are the only (or nearly only) chain retailer of this stuff in NJ and you don't have a lot of options. And, people in Jersey are used to being screwed when it comes to guns.

If a pro-2A company such as Barret wanted a copy of your FID to send you a barrel they would be raked over the coals and sworn off. Dick's completely screwed over and RIPPED OFF thousands of gun owners and we are OK with them because they are local and have .22. They could join Bloomberg and donate $10 million to Moms Demand Action and you'd still shop there. They practically did, although I'm not sure if they ever made it official.

That's simply not true, at least in this case. Dick's has lost hundreds of thousands of regular customers, and their numbers show it.

Find me a gun forum thread outside of Jersey where people are unanimously drooling in mass over a Dick's Black Friday sale. It's just us. And, it's not price. It's desperation. Like I said, it's because they are the only (or nearly only) chain retailer of this stuff in NJ and you don't have a lot of options. And, people in Jersey are used to being screwed when it comes to guns.

If a pro-2A company such as Barret wanted a copy of your FID to send you a barrel they would be raked over the coals and sworn off. Dick's completely screwed over and RIPPED OFF thousands of gun owners and we are OK with them because they are local and have .22. They could join Bloomberg and donate $10 million to Moms Demand Action and you'd still shop there. They practically did, although I'm not sure if they ever made it official.

Yep.  I one of those thousands.  I will never again set foot in a Dick's.  They can suck a bags of, well, you know...

Been into 6 LGS's this past week seeing what kind of deals they were offering. I was looking for a Remington 700 SPS Tactical but also wanted to pick up something cheap i could use for sporting clays. Really wanted the Rem 870 Express with the 28" barrel but most didn't have them and one's that DID couldn't touch the price that Dick's was offering them for.  Went to dicks, Asked to see both the 28" and 18" model so I could compare them both. The guy behind the counter wouldn't let me see both at the same time and besides that was very impatient and rude. I was the only customer at the counter so it wasn't like i was holding up the line. I know customer service varies from store to store, but this wasn't the first time i was treated poorly at Dicks. 

Moral of the story is i rather pay more at a LGS then give my business to Dicks. Just sucks when you see some these guys charging 15.99 to 22.99 for a sleeve of CCI mini Mags or 49.99 for a bulk pack of federal or something... 

I don't find Dick's that to be that huge a Black Friday bargain that I'd be willing to sacrifice "principles". I already passed on $75 Remington 1400ct .22lr bucket o bullets a few weeks ago and can get 9mm and 5.56mm for comparable, if not cheaper prices online, without limit, and have bought firearms from local retailers at prices for higher than I could have gotten online. I've specifically made a point of going there every once in a while since they're the only national corporate retailer of guns/ammo in NJ. I guess deep down I've been hoping that Dicks notes their sales of guns/ammo in NJ, other retailers, e.g. Wal-Mart, Cablelas take note and move in to NJ, people who otherwise wouldn't get exposure to guns see the counter while shopping for kids soccer gear, gun ownership becomes more widespread, handgun permit regime/AWB ban is abolished, and people starting clamoring for CCW and stand your ground. No question that if I wasn't in NJ, I wouldn't bother.

They could join Bloomberg and donate $10 million to Moms Demand Action and you'd still shop there. They practically did, although I'm not sure if they ever made it official.

I'd love more details on this if you have any

Actually, looking at some equity research, there's been a consistent decline in "hunting" sales, which includes guns/ammo. If you believe Mipa, management has been hiding the decline within the general decline in firearm sales compared to last year, and analysts are going so far to look at sales excluding guns (and golf, to reflect the "disappearance" of Tiger Woods" to try and get a true picture of company health. Unfortunately I'm not an equity researcher by trade and I've had a few too many IPAs right now to think of even trying.

Actually, looking at some equity research, there's been a consistent decline in "hunting" sales, which includes guns/ammo. If you believe Mipa, management has been hiding the decline within the general decline in firearm sales compared to last year, and analysts are going so far to look at sales excluding guns (and golf, to reflect the "disappearance" of Tiger Woods" to try and get a true picture of company health. Unfortunately I'm not an equity researcher by trade and I've had a few too many IPAs right now to think of even trying.

I looked into similar figures from Dick's and Cabelas, as well as Walmart and Target - Walmart/Target have been trending downwards in terms of revenue/growth while Dick's has actually outgrown Cabelas (I think - I'm not a financial analyst)...