OBRAMS

OBRAMS Action Rimfire November 15,2014 @ OBRPC

i am interested in getting involved in the rimfire matches at OB.. i have an M&P 15/22 and a Ruger mkIII to play with.  how many mags would i need for a match? i have four 10 rounders for the m&P but only 2 for the Ruger.    would i need a belt, holster and mag holders? .. i may be able to piecemeal some USPSA gear i have.

This is a great match!  If you like the USPSA action shooting, you should do this event too.  For the last match of the season there will be 4 stages.  Two of the stages are TWO GUN!  Rifle and Pistol.  One of the 2 gun stages will take 2 pits.  If you have even thought about doing this match, make sure to come out tomorrow and dress warm!  It's gonna be a bit chilly.

i am interested in getting involved in the rimfire matches at OB.. i have an M&P 15/22 and a Ruger mkIII to play with.  how many mags would i need for a match? i have four 10 rounders for the m&P but only 2 for the Ruger.    would i need a belt, holster and mag holders? .. i may be able to piecemeal some USPSA gear i have.

The OBRAM's matches you start from "low ready" or is started with the gun on a barrel, so you will never need a holster for you pistol.  Rifle will also start at low ready or on a barrel.

While it is not necessary to have mag pouches for the pistol, I would recommend getting some when you get a chance.  Mags can be "staged" on the barrels (and sometimes this is even required).  Other times it is handy to have them in pouches.  Same goes for Rifle.  You can usually stage the mags where needed, but can be handy sometimes to have a couple on you.  Of course it also depends which division you decided to shoot as your "primary".  That is if you shoot Pistol primary, it is good to have some pistol mag pouches.  If you shoot Rifle primary, it is good to have some rifle mag pouches.

The OBRAM's matches you start from "low ready" or is started with the gun on a barrel, so you will never need a holster for you pistol.  Rifle will also start at low ready or on a barrel.

While it is not necessary to have mag pouches for the pistol, I would recommend getting some when you get a chance.  Mags can be "staged" on the barrels (and sometimes this is even required).  Other times it is handy to have them in pouches.  Same goes for Rifle.  You can usually stage the mags where needed, but can be handy sometimes to have a couple on you.  Of course it also depends which division you decided to shoot as your "primary".  That is if you shoot Pistol primary, it is good to have some pistol mag pouches.  If you shoot Rifle primary, it is good to have some rifle mag pouches.

Adam

Thank you for responding

Iggy

Some excellent stages, thanks Iggy.  I learned that to hit small things with a rifle it is a good idea to zero your red dot, not to mention your iron sights :)  Guess I should not have just assumed the sights were correct out of the box :(