Kimber45

Clear K1 Kerosene for sale.

Hello all.... would anyone know if there is a gas station near Brancburg that sells K1 kerosene from the pump? I know Lowes and Home Depot sell it for 44 bucks for 5 gals. But I heard it was cheaper ag the pump. Iam close to rte 22 so if there was a station in Branchburg or Whitehouse area that would be great... thanks everyone.... Oh and have a great turkey day........

Yup - Van Dorn is on 22east, west of the Kings shopping center.  It's across from the diner.  Was there Friday getting 5 gals for the garage heater and about choked on the price.  Be sure to bring a Blue kero can - they won't pump it into any other container.

Thanks Mustang69 and Hooligan and to all that replyed. Went to Van Doren in whitehouse. Its alot closer than Hackettstown....lol. 31 bucks for 5 gals... still expensive but better than the 5 gal jug at Home Depot and lowes for 44 bucks... Hell I wount need it if the weather stays like this though..... yeah right!!!!!! The calm before the storm......YIKES.. Again thank you all......

No its a convection one. Round R2D2 looking one.... I spend a lot of time in the garage tinkering and I just started reloading for my 300 BLK.... and it gets a tad cold in here......I looked at the jet engine ones but they require electric.... figured if the power went out it could do double duty......

At $6 a gallon my back of the napkin calculation indicates that an electric heater is cheaper to run than K-1

But I haven't found a 100,000 btu electric heater, and in a power outage it would draw too much current from my generator.

The torpedo takes about 20 minutes on full-blast to warm my garage up to where I won;t freeze.  I have 15 foot ceilings so need something large because of the volume.  I had a 400,000 btu heater that was insane, but it sounded like a jet engine when it ran and was just too big for the space available.  

I may try a couple gallons of diesel just because of the price difference, but I don't really use that much to justify the smell (if there is any).