Lalo

Black Friday/Holiday Wishlist

Yes, I know we already have plenty of BF deals threads. This thread is mainly for people to post what they want to acquire or what they are looking for in case other folks run across the items online, see them in ads or certain stores. I've seen this on other forums and its and excellent way to help each other out.

My wish list

- Henry Lever Action H001 22L (already have eyes on it at Dicks or Heritage Guild Easton)

- Mossberg 500/590 stock and forend, black (Still looking, hopefully Midway will have it)

From Dick's:

Remington 770 Scoped Combo (Hopefully they have it in .308... If not then 30-06)...

Federal Champion .22LR (hah good luck - most likely they'll only have Golden Bullet)

Barnett GameCrusher Crossbow

Kershaw Zing/Zing Blackwash Knives

Remington Gun Club Cases

Stack-On 8 Gun RTA Cabinet

S&W MP15-22 in NJ-legal configuration for $360 or less (Tanners, Tanners... I missed it the last time)

GSG 522 as a possible option for a 22lr rifle instead of MP15-22 (or together with it, I actully liked them both)

Savage MKII FVSR 22LR Bolt-action with a threaded barrel for $230 or less before any mail-in rebates

Any good deals on full-size or competition-size Glocks Gen4, used or new (Glock Gen4 17/22 or 34/35), anything $450-ish or lower for new and $350-ish or lower for used

Alternatively, if there is a good sale on HK VP9 I might jump on it...

I'm not asking for 22lr ammo this time because if Gander Mountain somehow sends me all the 22lr ammo I currently managed to backorder from them over November, I'll become the local 22lr king, LOL :))) (okay, okay, definitely not a king, but if it all comes and orders are not cancelled I won't need to think about 22lr ammo for at least half a year or so...)

S&W MP15-22 in NJ-legal configuration for $360 or less (Tanners, Tanners... I missed it the last time)

GSG 522 as a possible option for a 22lr rifle instead of MP15-22 (or together with it, I actully liked them both)

Savage MKII FVSR 22LR Bolt-action with a threaded barrel for $230 or less before any mail-in rebates

Any good deals on full-size or competition-size Glocks Gen4, used or new (Glock Gen4 17/22 or 34/35), anything $450-ish or lower for new and $350-ish or lower for used

Alternatively, if there is a good sale on HK VP9 I might jump on it...

I'm not asking for 22lr ammo this time because if Gander Mountain somehow sends me all the 22lr ammo I currently managed to backorder from them over November, I'll become the local 22lr king, LOL :))) (okay, okay, definitely not a king, but if it all comes and orders are not cancelled I won't need to think about 22lr ammo for at least half a year or so...)

GSG for $199. I sold mine, but I'm tempted to buy another one just because of the price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1600/category/4/

S&W 649 .357 or a really good price on a used sig 229 in 9mm or .357sig

If you're okay with DAO, P229 in 357sig for $399

http://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-229-357-sig-vg-exc-dao-ns-1-12rd-mag.html

Crossing that Remington 770 off the list.

Held one last night at Dick's - didn't feel right to me.  Checked out the Savage Axis XP... it just felt right.  Bought that instead :)

Great choice!

Hope there will be an m&p 15-22 on sale somewhere online

So do I. The best price for NJ-compliant 15-22 so far that I've seen for Black Friday was $340+tax in Heritage Guild flyer. I still want to see what Tanners and probably Sportsman Outdoor Superstore would offer.

GSG for $199. I sold mine, but I'm tempted to buy another one just because of the price.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/1600/category/4/

Boo, did you have a lightweight version of GSG or a "full-weight" one? I handled a "full-weight" one at a gun show recently and I very much liked its feel. It's normally a little more expensive than a lightweight one... still, the price with PSA is great, the only pity is that it has a 22rd mag :-( I heard those are pretty hard to work on to make NJ-compliant...

So do I. The best price for NJ-compliant 15-22 so far that I've seen for Black Friday was $340+tax in Heritage Guild flyer. I still want to see what Tanners and probably Sportsman Outdoor Superstore would offer.

Boo, did you have a lightweight version of GSG or a "full-weight" one? I handled a "full-weight" one at a gun show recently and I very much liked its feel. It's normally a little more expensive than a lightweight one... still, the price with PSA is great, the only pity is that it has a 22rd mag :-( I heard those are pretty hard to work on to make NJ-compliant...

I believe I had the "lightweight" version with a plastic receiver and it definitely felt toy-like. As far as mags, Steve/Monmouth Arms didn't seem to have a problem pinning them. I've seen 10 rounders locally, Ottomanelli's for example, but they were pricey.

I'm considering the Colt M4 22 Ops in place of the M&P 15/22. Only having access to indoor ranges, I don't find rimfire shooting very interesting, but I'm trying to justifying buying a .22lr AR with the reasoning that it will provide cheap AR platform training. From a couple reviews I read, I get the impression that the Colt M4 feels more AR like in the hand compared to the M&P15/22. But since it will require dealing with NJ compliance, I'd want to keep costs low by finding a PA FFL to transfer, do the stock and bayo lug myself, but have them deal with the barrel threading. But I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the trouble.