remixer

Looking for a Puppy to Adopt

Anyone know a place or happen to have a Baby or Puppy for sale or adoption.

Needs to be Small (When full size) lap dog.

Needs to be a female.

Needs to be good with Kids and other dogs.

C'Mon Steve.... You know Dante isn't going to stand for any "competition..."   :rofl:

Puppies for adoption are hard to find, although I haven't checked that Beagle group.  I've been doing Chow rescue for about 20 years, and finding one under 3 years old is very difficult because everyone else wants them.  The poor older dogs are all that are left over, with all the baggage they come with.

The PetSmart nearby hosts an adoption clinic on Saturday mornings, where a number of dogs ready to go are brought in - all sizes and shapes.  Worth a look if you have a store nearby.

I like Petfinder, but some of the people posting adoption ads are pretty clueless and want you to go through a verification process that makes the pistol permit process pale by comparison.

Puppies for adoption are hard to find, although I haven't checked that Beagle group.  I've been doing Chow rescue for about 20 years, and finding one under 3 years old is very difficult because everyone else wants them.  The poor older dogs are all that are left over, with all the baggage they come with.

The PetSmart nearby hosts an adoption clinic on Saturday mornings, where a number of dogs ready to go are brought in - all sizes and shapes.  Worth a look if you have a store nearby.

I like Petfinder, but some of the people posting adoption ads are pretty clueless and want you to go through a verification process that makes the pistol permit process pale by comparison.

Im trying to get a puppy for a couple of reasons.

1. I have a Cane Corse already ( he likes puppys )

2. I have a 3 year old so i want a dog that grows up with the kids and not one that might have issues with aggression.

Im trying to get a puppy for a couple of reasons.

1. I have a Cane Corse already ( he likes puppys )

2. I have a 3 year old so i want a dog that grows up with the kids and not one that might have issues with aggression.

Oh don't get me wrong, that would be perfect.  It's just much harder to adopt the young ones versus paying a breeder, since they go pretty quickly.

We've had one or two that had serious aggression issues.  But they tend to be strays brought up from the South that have had to fight to survive for a time in many cases.  The rescue group means well, but they often think that stuffing the dogs in cages will work out well, especially at feeding time.

The puppy is a blank canvas, aside from the house-training aspect.

We had one guy come in last year who was batshit crazy.  Floppy and friendly one minute, and then tear out your throat on a whim.   He didn't have any scars, but it seemed like he attended the Mike Vick school of behavior.  I actually gave my wife a shotgun to use while I was away on a business trip.  He went back shortly after ripping my hand apart and then attacking the kids (16 year old kid).

If you want a loving lapdog that will never have aggression issues, have you looked at a Bichon Frise?  We love ours to death.

They also don't shed and are as non allergenic as you get in a dog.   Adult size is 12-20lbs.    Very playful, happy dogs.

IMG_5417.JPG

IMG_5418.jpg

We had one..... dumbest dog we ever owned..... 

Maybe yours was retarded.  It happens, even to dogs.  Ours is not dumb at all.    He's his own little "man" now.  He knows when it's time for bed, hangs with the wife until about 10:15, takes himself out for a final bio break, then comes up and lays next to me since I'm usually asleep by then.

I've owned 3 labs in my life, one was dumber than a stump, the other two were great.

Check Monmouth County SPCA:

http://monmouthcountyspca.org

They are in Eatontown. My wife volunteers there. Great people, great dogs.

As for small dogs, we have a Maltese/Yorkie mix. She is awesome, especially with my 4 year old. Like the BF mentioned above she has hair so no shedding. Full grown she is around 11lbs and she is not a yipper. She only barks if someone comes to the door.

F0FE9F1D-B0D7-47FA-B72E-30910A66A29F_zps

4B512D07-C04C-4298-8FAC-25563A7004D5_zps

I always wanted a big dog, but she is awesome.

My sister inlaw has a Cavalier King Charles. Small, not aggressive at all, low energy and hardly makes a noise. Honestly, she's had the dog for close to 2 years. I can't recall ever hearing it bark!

Don't know how easy they are to adopt. I did see a post on her FB page that looked like a rescue farm for them. Not sure if it was a joke or not.

Found the article. They are in FL though.

http://www.cavalierrescueusa.org/library/item/1661-puppy-mill-pups.html

I think we found exactly what my daughter wanted up for adoption. Wifes heading to Hamilton Pet Smart to meet her :)

Thanks for all the replies. Ill keep you posted on how it goes and if Dante likes her. Disregard the Image name LOL inside joke

stupidnewdog.jpg