robinzon

Fair Lawn PD woes...

It is becoming absolutely incredible how difficult it has become to get a permit in Fair Lawn. It is not 

about the time to get the permit, it is about getting to see the detective to submit the paperwork.

One time I had to come back 3-4 times after hearing various excuses from system is down, to him not being

there to a schedule change even though I have had an appointment.

I am not sure if a call to the State Police is warranted or the 2nd amendment society can step in.

That's outrageous! My last set of permits were completed in 30 days and the only person I saw was the dispatcher as I dropped off or picked up envelopes. No appointment is necessary to hand over some pieces of paper!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Make an appointment to talk to the chief, if that gets you no where, make an appointment to talk to the mayor. no progress tell the NJ2AS people.  We cannot let this crap continue, time to speak up and complain, your the taxpayer, they work for you!  We have got to stop the complacent attitudes.  Make some noise!  "I don't want to make waves" Well you are losing your rights everytime you and your fellow Fair Lawn gun owners let this crap ferment. Hold them to the letter of the law.  

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting very fustrated reading these types of complaints over and over on this board.  We as a law abiding group should expect and demand the type of service we expect from our civil servants.  They need to be held accountable for their actions and have not in the past.  You and I both know if this type of attitude prevailed in the private sector we would be out on the street.

Rant off. 

I would call the detective. In my town, if I politely call I am able to drop off P2P paperwork, and renewals to the lady at the front desk. Picking up paperwork I need to be there with the detective.

Here in Washington (Warren County) we drop off to the secretary and pick them up from her 2-3 weeks later...and she dates & signs extensions (under authority from the chief) while you wait, when/if you need them

This signature is AWESOME!!!

It is becoming absolutely incredible how difficult it has become to get a permit in Fair Lawn. It is not 

about the time to get the permit, it is about getting to see the detective to submit the paperwork.

One time I had to come back 3-4 times after hearing various excuses from system is down, to him not being

I am not sure if a call to the State Police is warranted or the 2nd amendment society can step in.

I live in FL, too, and it is asinine that one has to make an appointment just to hand in the paperwork. Something that is so simple takes multiple days off of work.

In my town we do almost everything remotely. I print and fill out the forms at home and leave them off for the officer who handles the permits. When the permits are ready they call me and I go pick them up whether the officer is there or not.

Last time around it took almost exactly four weeks. This time...today makes four weeks so we'll go over the magic 30 day time period for sure.

I live in FL, too, and it is asinine that one has to make an appointment just to hand in the paperwork. Something that is so simple takes multiple days off of work.

Well have you done anything about this so far? It seems everyone talks about it no one does anything

this is fair lawn for u , brother.

it took me 7 months to get change of address.

U have no idea how many times PD and detective were taking to court on permits, FID related issues. They lost 99% of times ... but nothing ever changed.

the best time to catch that detective >>

when he is on court duty (2nd floor)

If you Fairlawn guys can get a tally on all those court cases and the so called 99% fail rate, figure a guesstimate of taxpayer costs of manpower hrs involved between town police, lawyer, judge, court time, admins., etc what doyou think it adds up to in futile $'s? Use that data against them.

Wonder what would happen if you downloaded the forms from the NJSP website, filled everything out, did the online background check and mailed your paperwork in certified mail.

They could not claim that they never received them.

The mental health check form (SP-066) is supposed to be signed in the presence of the investigating officer. But it would be interesting to try this and just have your signature notarized on the SP-066. Send it directly to the firearms officer.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

screw the chief, go right to the mayor

Exactly. "Chain of command?" This isn't the military, it's a corrupt legal system. Every time you escalate one step you are just giving them notice to cover their tracks and beat you to the punch by smearing you first. Then it will look like you are looking for payback instead of justice.

The cops don't work for you, that should be obvious. You think the chief cares if you are a "satisfied customer" while this shit is going on?

Escalate...dominate...???

This isn't a movie or a basketball game..as MIPAfox said.. then they will start to smear your good name.just to make a point... esp in a small town...stirring the pot is sadly not the way to handle things in this state....

Escalate...dominate...???

This isn't a movie or a basketball game..as MIPAfox said.. then they will start to smear your good name.just to make a point... esp in a small town...stirring the pot is sadly not the way to handle things in this state....

Never said it was. You need to do what you have to do, but peaceably.

this is fair lawn for u , brother.

it took me 7 months to get change of address.

U have no idea how many times PD and detective were taking to court on permits, FID related issues. They lost 99% of times ... but nothing ever changed.

the best time to catch that detective >>

when he is on court duty (2nd floor)

SO hang on... you actually went into the court room and talked to him.... I mean everyone knows he is there on Wednesdays, but I don't see how he is going to love it if you approach him in court... 

stirring the pot is sadly not the way to handle things in this state....

My experience differs.  Being the squeaky wheel has resulted in "my stuff" moving quickly.  Not sure what it does for everyone else, nor do I care.  I have not been "targeted" or "harassed" as a result of my demands for my rights.