JayWilling

Where Is All The Pistol Powder?

Ok...the ammo is coming back. .223 is near pre-Sandy Hook pricing. Pistol ammo is still high but getting better. But WHERE IS ALL THE PISTOL POWDER?

I use TiteGroup and Bullseye for most of my pistol rounds and it's really hard to find. I've got email notification requests in at several online dealers and it's just NOT THERE.

Am I missing something or is this a really legitimate gripe? 

I couldn't agree more. I check every place I go and buy whenever I stumble across any, or travel to wherever I hear of any being in stock but still never find any in bulk. And, most of the time it's gone when you get there even in 1# size. The only good thing is it's forcing me to try different powders while I search for Winchester 231 in vain and that's how I've discovered that Titegroup is really nice in my guns and that IMR 700x shoots just fine but meters horribly unless I dispense every charge thru the Loadmaster which is a pain for plinking ammo. Next up is some Power Pistol I found. I don't even care how dirty they are, just clean the guns very often.

It's like a game but I don't truly like it. 

W231 at solomon's. 1lb limit. Bullseye is my fav. But have not seen it anywhere. Titegroup shows up periodically. Got a bunch from Cabelas but have to ship to ny.

concur....Bullseye is unobtainium

I can usually find 1 pound jugs of Titegroup at GSA or Sarco....good luck finding W231, it's been replaced by HP-38 according to the guys at Sarco. I prefer Sarco for their prices, $21/lb vs $29 at GSA.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I was sitting at my computer last night when an email alert from Midway popped up for Titegroup product notification. I immediately clicked the link and as the page popped up there was a banner across the top that said, "This product is sold out- please re-set your notification".

Amazing.

I was sitting at my computer last night when an email alert from Midway popped up for Titegroup product notification. I immediately clicked the link and as the page popped up there was a banner across the top that said, "This product is sold out- please re-set your notification".

Amazing.

Midway is notorious for delayed in stock notifications. You probably got that email 2 hours after it was actually listed in stock. I've debated creating an email that's [email protected] just to be first on these list that go by alphabetical order.

Last week, Sarco had 700X, 800X and Power Pistol in stock...no Titegroup though.  I bought 700X, figuring I'd give it a try for my .45.....it's my new powder for .45 loads.  I'll keep the TG that I have left for 9mm.

700X takes less powder, fills the case more and burns cleaner than the TG ever did in my .45.  I haven't tried it for 9mm yet...I think it may fill the case too much to properly seat the bullet.

I got lucky last week when powder vally had titegroup they posted on there facebook page I went right to the site (4 mins after they posted) it was gone by the time i was done placing the order got 4 lbs and wanted to change it to 8 loggin in on my computer (original order was on the phone) couldn't order it had to settle for the 4 lbs but hey 4 is better than none 

I've all but stopped looking.

I've got a little titgroup left and a pound or two of 231.

I'll swing by Solomans on the way home from CJ on Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

Otherwise, eff it.

Sick of the BS trying to hunt down powder.  I'll switch over to factory ammo.

Where is the pistol power?  

At Garden State Armory...............732 893 8500

In stock right now..........

Unique, Bullseye, BLC2, H1000, WST, 748, TrailBoss, IMR 4064 / SR4756 / 4895,, Longshot, , IMR, Reloader 22 , Power Pistol, Varget, 700X, 800X, Autocomp............

Come on down.......GSA