Bonnevil79

Hello from South Jersey

Hi from Camden County in South Jersey. I finally broke down and ponied up for an H&K VP9 to start my handgun collection (actually reserved it to go get it tomorrow).I've been around different weapons for most of the last 20 years, but for some reason never got around to getting my FID and permits to purchase here in our state, but I finally fixed that in October. At a brief glance I get the impression a lot of the posters here are further north than me, but I'm here to see what people think of the ranges in South Jersey and hopefully get some insight on what else I'll be purchasing.

Anyway greetings, and I look forward to being a part of the community here.

Welcome to the community!  South Jersey has some good ranges, just depends on how far you are willing to drive.  South Jersey Shooting Club (Winslow) is nice.  I went to USANA once as a guest and it was decent.  I've heard great things about Quinton Sportsmen's Club in Salem County and Mullica Hill Rifle and Pistol Club (55 South past the end of it.)  I've been to Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro, they have an indoor range that that can get the job done if you only have handguns.

Thanks for the quick responses and welcomes, still some people on late at night I see. I was looking at SJSC when I was shopping at Bangers, was hoping to find something with an indoor range too, but I can man up if I have to. Was also looking at trying to find out info about Square Circle since it's so close, but I'm seeing some posts about them not liking noobs too much. So I'll try to figure it all out soon enough.

Welcome! Can't help you with the South Jersey ranges. As far as guns you should look at I would recommend the CZ75B or something in the CZ line up.

As a newer shooter myself, I had.never heard of CZs before. Def worth a look. Also look at revolvers. Everyone should have at least one.

Again, welcome to the forums. Enjoy!

Welcome to the site. im not far from ya. I currently am not at a particular range member at this moment but check out Telco(atco) and Range 14 at fort dix.  

Nick

Thanks, I actually have fired at Fort Dix quite a few times with a friend (plus at work since I work on base, but those are different ranges). I saw some people talking about Telco, may check them out after New Years. Also trying to see what the deal is at Police Association in Berlin, nice and close, but their website hasn't been updated in years, and there doesn't seem to be much info out there.

Welcome to the forum.  I'll second the recommendation for Telco.  It's a nice range with a good group of members.  There's a strict no-guest policy which can be a drawback for some, but it's never crowded.  It's also relatively inexpensive.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome.  I'm just down the road from you so let me know if you need anything.  PA in Berlin is a good indoor range with nice people. South Jersey in Winslow is also a nice range especially for long distance rifle.  Square Circle is good but hard to get into, long wait time.

Thanks for the quick responses and welcomes, still some people on late at night I see. I was looking at SJSC when I was shopping at Bangers, was hoping to find something with an indoor range too, but I can man up if I have to. Was also looking at trying to find out info about Square Circle since it's so close, but I'm seeing some posts about them not liking noobs too much. So I'll try to figure it all out soon enough.

SJSC is a great range, no indoor range but 300/100/50 rifle and 50/25 handgun.

Welcome to the forum :)

SJSC is a great range, no indoor range but 300/100/50 rifle and 50/25 handgun.

Welcome to the forum :)

SJSC also now has a pistol-only range for 7/10/15 yd

The 25 yd range is for handgun-caliber handguns (eg. No .223 AR pistols) and rimfire rifles

It's a great all-around range to shoot at all year long, esp if you're shooting both rifles and handguns.

Square Circle is not just a collection of shooting ranges, but it's a Sportman's Club, including a licensed bar (open only to members and their guests)

The membership process requires sponsorship by a current member and is something of a process.

Cumberland Riflemen, in Millville (Cumberland County) is the only 600 yd range in the state open to civilians.

For traditional bullseye paper-punching, both rifle and pistol, it's the best around.

But for "playing" there are better choices. (like SJSC)

And there's currently a waiting list at Cumberland for their twice-yearly intake class.

No such animal at SJSC - there's a new member orientation twice a month there.

All you need is your FID card and 1st year's dues ($250 single) to join up and attend the safety orientation (about 90 minutes)

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/?page_id=40

SJSC also now has a pistol-only range for 7/10/15 yd

The 25 yd range is for handgun-caliber handguns (eg. No .223 AR pistols) and rimfire rifles

It's a great all-around range to shoot at all year long, esp if you're shooting both rifles and handguns.

Square Circle is not just a collection of shooting ranges, but it's a Sportman's Club, including a licensed bar (open only to members and their guests)

The membership process requires sponsorship by a current member and is something of a process.

Cumberland Riflemen, in Millville (Cumberland County) is the only 600 yd range in the state open to civilians.

For traditional bullseye paper-punching, both rifle and pistol, it's the best around.

But for "playing" there are better choices. (like SJSC)

And there's currently a waiting list at Cumberland for their twice-yearly intake class.

No such animal at SJSC - there's a new member orientation twice a month there.

All you need is your FID card and 1st year's dues ($250 single) to join up and attend the safety orientation (about 90 minutes)

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/?page_id=40

And that $250 pays for itself fast, nice setup and you are right I forgot to mention the 7/10/15 pistol ranges.

On week days it's never too busy to find a spot on the rifle or pistol range, nice shop on site (Bangers).

Being able to bring guests is also nice (2 per member) and no limit on how often you bring them.

Thanks for all the info, I bought from Bangers, very happy with those guys. Just wish it was a little closer, plus had an indoor range, but I am interested in there and Hutton Hill looks pretty cool too, may try to check both of them out, plus put a call into PASNJ and see about getting into their indoor range since it is close to me. I go with a friend to Citizen's Rifle and Revolver Club up in West Windsor, but that is way too far for me to travel on a regular basis.