EngineerJet

do i need to get fingerprinted again?

I live in Edison and the lady there says if I have to get re-fingerprinted after 5 years when applying for permits. Is this true? If it is not true is there anything I can do to get them to comply with current laws?

Current law does not preclude repeat fingerprinting, it is left to the discretion of the CLEO. We all know that's BS and that prints don't change, but somebody, somewhere is making money from this - maybe Sagem Morpho kicks back to the PD for each applicant sent. It is not required by law, but not prohibited either. In lieu of prints an on-line non-criminal background check can be performed. Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I think its a federal thing honestly. When I was in the Marines I had to get reprinted for clearance since the ones they had on file were over 5 years old. I live in Edison as well and saw it on the form so I assume its the same. Didnt think much of it. Other than it will be annoying when the time comes.

Get a copy of the instructions on the NJSP web site. For existing FPID card holders they do not list fingerprinting, only for initial applications.

Is it worth asking your PD how many times they have asked for this and the prints came back different?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I think its a federal thing honestly. When I was in the Marines I had to get reprinted for clearance since the ones they had on file were over 5 years old. I live in Edison as well and saw it on the form so I assume its the same. Didnt think much of it. Other than it will be annoying when the time comes.

It's not a federal thing. It's just a way for the state and whatever police department to inconvenience lawful gun owners. Plain and simple.

This re-fingerprinting business is nothing short of a scam and abuse of authority. It is another way PD's use guise of law in order to discourage NJ citizens from exercising their 2A rights. Imagine if you had go through hoops like this in order to exercise your right to vote every year. Civil rights suits would be abound with the courts blowing the scheme out of the water.

Alas, when it comes to guns in this part of the country... rights take second seat to the political aspirations of the courts that subside over us.