sleepinducer01

Coming back from Afghanistan and warned of ISIS threat to military personnel. Can i obtain a Concealed carry permit??

Glad I ran across this thread, I also work for the NJ National Guard, we are in the process of researching and putting together a group with potential endorsement from some relatively high ups. Our group consists of about 75 NJ guardsmen at the moment. I'm pretty sure we could attempt to expand this to include other military members since our "justification" does revolve around the current threats that the CIA and FBI have felt were significant enough to issue those memos to us. We expect to be denied, but if we can get this group even bigger I think our appeal chances look a bit better.

Are you rich as hell? Are you a politician or someone who has a lot of high up friends in the political/justice system? If not, then you will not get one. In NJ only the elite can protect themselves. Progressivism at its finest.

If someone who moves over $150K in cash and jewelry daily is denied a NJ CCW I doubt he would get one.

Just here in Atlantic County under a dozen CCW holders, most of those are very wealthy and connected with NJ politics (family, for example).

Go for it OP just don't bank on getting one, better chance of being struck by lightning.

This would be an excellent case to bring NJ's laws into the REPUBLICAN controlled congress.  Although I would not jump in first with a class action suit but have as many vets as possible apply and just put "2A right and self defense"  for the reason.    once all applications are soundly and quickly rejected on THOSE grounds than file the class action suit and use the imminent threat from the Muslims for the reason in the suit.    This might even help with a national reciprocity law once the U.S. finds out that nobody can defend themselves in a few states .  One negative outcome might be that once NJ finds out you are a vet they will label you as having PTSD and make you a prohibited person.    But I think this would be as good a case as the Mueller case if not better and the timing is pretty good as well.    

NJ doesn't recognize the 2nd amendment, that's not a joke (unfortunately).

Putting down "2A rights" on a form in NJ is meaningless. End of the day it comes down to the judge who reviews his application and makes a determination to grant the CCW permit.

2A rights do not apply in NJ, state law supersedes federal law when it involves firearms in NJ.

I'd also reach out to Scott Bach/Evan Nappan to see if this is the kind of case they've been waiting for.    It certainly seems to have a lot of potential!

This is great advice. Talk to them first because maybe they know the in's and outs of worst case/ best case scenarios. Remeber, also, once you're denied for a permit you'll have to explain "why" on every form, purchase and request for CCW. Or as someone else posted, is it possible to move to PA? 

Thank you SO very much for your service---stay safe.

How are you sir, I'm a sgt on ADOS orders in nj guard.. Let me know when you get home and I will apply for ccw at the same time you do. We shoul all get together when you return. Gather as many vets as we can, all of us meet and help each other fill out the applications, then the next day we all venture out and apply. We will bombard every department with apps and all have the same exact "justifiable need". Let's really do this.

Sgt smith, Darren

Here's some quots from a Time Magazine article. http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/05/does-the-military-vote-really-lean-republican/

Various yardsticks suggest the U.S. military – or at least the officer corps, which accounts for 17% of the 1.4 million-strong active-duty force – leans Republican.

The nation’s 24 million troops and veterans account for about 10% of the nation’s potential voters,

I don't think there are many AD or vets who would oppose ccw, getting them to support it is another matter.  Having the full weight of military voters behind this would provide some powerful political leverage.  I'm not military so I would not feel right getting involved beyond making a donation to your legal fund.  Someone needs to take the reigns on this now just to get the ball rolling.  Keep us updated.  Maybe contact GFH for some help getting the word out.

Firstly Thank You For Your Service (I have a military tat and when people on the street say that to me I feel good knowing there are still decent people in this country)

As far as your question. A while back there was a class action suit I believe it was, or may have been just 5 joint plaintiffs , may have even been the very beginning of the Drake case. One of the plaintiffs worked as a civilian for the FBI in Jersey. All the civilian office workers got an FBI memo that Al Quita was targeting civilian FBI workers and their families. This person applied for a NJ carry and was turned down. It was the same instance a guy got kid napped (twice) beaten and threatened with death by a motorcycle gang in what turned out to be mistaken Identity. He was turned down for a carry card but eventually granted by the NJ Supreme Court. Probably out of fear by the state that if it went to US Court It would over turn NJ issue policies across the board. Hope this answers your question.

I don't have much but if this moves forward and you need monetary assistance I would be happy to donate.

I'm not sure if it's possible but you may want to reach out to Evan Nappen before you return home. You could introduce yourself, explain your concerns about not being able to obtain a CCW in NJ and the possibility of a class acton suit. He may know other service people who are already in the same unfortunate position.

Again, thank you for your service and God speed getting home safely.

I think this is something we NEED to do and not just talk about it for several reasons,   One,  A case with these plaintiffs will probably get nationwide attention and support as compared to the Drake case.  Two,  If all applicants are denied than it will show beyond any doubt  that NJ is as we know a NON-ISSUE state  and the AG will not be able to say that NJ issues a large percentage of permits to those who apply.    All gun owning vets who have an honorable DD-214 should join the suit.    We NJ gun owners have very little time to act on this as once Christie makes a decision to run or not run is growing closer.   Should Christie decide not to run that will be our last day of protection against the fifth columnists like weinberg, cryan, sweeny ...............     so we might only have a few months left.

I'm not saying Christie is pro gun as we know Christie is pro Christie and that's it.

I disagree with many of the prior posts on this subject. I do agree that ultimately it will be up to the courts, but what evidence is introduced will be critical to the result achieved before the trial court and will inform the basis of an appeal if necessary. I do agree that it will be costly in legal fees. Documenting with evidence that can be introduced, not only the threat but also its execution involving others will be critical. A class action is not the appropriate vehicle and will not succeed. The only chance is an individualized action.

Ohio has it right.

The good people of Ohio are trying to make it so that at the very least, American military members can carry without a permit.

Guns.com reported on the new legislation that has been submitted for review:

As part of an overall reform to Ohio’s concealed carry guidelines, lawmakers have amended a pending gun bill to allow active duty military in the state to carry without a permit.

Full Story  http://therighttobear.com/good-news-some-americans-might-be-allowed-to-conceal-carry-without-permit-soon/

After being rejected for ccw, your first step should be to contact Christy and the local/national media. Christy is planning on running for president and he will be forced to take a stand for or against the 2A in a very public setting. If he wants the office he will almost definitely have to side with the 2A or loose any chance of getting nominated.

better yet, save yourself the headache and move to a free state

Go for it i would talk to Nappen maybe he will help you, you should also talk to Anthony Calondro at gun for hire he is a wealth of info.. maybe speak to Anthony 1st he knows Nappen very well..

You have a justifiable need recognized by the Government.. 

Keep any letters or emails to you warning you of the threat of isis to come to your home thrwatining to terminate you..

After being rejected for ccw, your first step should be to contact Christy and the local/national media. Christy is planning on running for president and he will be forced to take a stand for or against the 2A in a very public setting. If he wants the office he will almost definitely have to side with the 2A or loose any chance of getting nominated.

^^^^^^^

This

The iron is red hot and right now is the time to strike.  The OP was steered toward GFH and hopefully then to Nappan.  I'm very happy that this thread has become active again.  All too often good, if not great, ideas are presented and little or nothing comes of it.  I hope this is followed through.