Bt Doctur

FPID card ,simple address change

Well, typical for new jersey residents, son needed to change the address on his card and went to east brunswick

pd, got the forms to fill out and hand back in. Was notified it will take 12 to 16 weeks.

By the way, he is a Sherriff`s Officer with Middlesex county.

How if the DL has the updated address? At least in NJ.

You are required by law to state your current residence on the 4473. You must show a Government issued ID that has your photo, DOB, and your current address to the dealer, or a combination of those documents. A current driver's license satisfies all those requirements. A FPID with a prior address is still valid and it has been stated many times on this forum. The NJSP FIU have also stated this. It only becomes invalid if you become a prohibited person. Your SBI number on the FPID will be used for the background check. Of course, if you want to acquire handguns, you must go to the new PD and apply. Your FPID will then have to be updated.

You are required by law to state your current residence on the 4473. You must show a Government issued ID that has your photo, DOB, and your current address to the dealer, or a combination of those documents. A current driver's license satisfies all those requirements. A FPID with a prior address is still valid and it has been stated many times on this forum. The NJSP FIU have also stated this. It only becomes invalid if you become a prohibited person. Your SBI number on the FPID will be used for the background check. Of course, if you want to acquire handguns, you must go to the new PD and apply. Your FPID will then have to be updated.

Dealers that require the documents to match, is that a store policy?

Question, does the dmv issued change of adress label count, or do u need to have a new dl issued in order to do an address change for fpid?

The change of address label you put on the back of your licence is perfectly valid.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Question, does the dmv issued change of adress label count, or do u need to have a new dl issued in order to do an address change for fpid?

I had the change of address label for my DL when I applied for my FID/PPPs and when I did a number of purchases at various FFLs, no issues whatsoever.

If the label is what the MVC gives you why would you think the pd would not honor it for a FID but honor it for driving.

Why would you apply logic to the implementation of NJ firearm regulations? :lol:

Why would you apply logic to the implementation of NJ firearm regulations? :lol:

Do you have examples of the police refusing to accept a dl with the change of address label? Please share them with us.

Do you have examples of the police refusing to accept a dl with the change of address label? Please share them with us.

None at all. I was making a joke about how nonsensical many of the other interpretations of NJ firearms law are.

Years ago I posted that I purchased a rifle with an FID that had an old address (when I still lived in NJ) and I was treated like I gave plutonium to Iran.

Years ago I posted that I purchased a rifle with an FID that had an old address (when I still lived in NJ) and I was treated like I gave plutonium to Iran.

I was waiting for you to post this. Yes. YOU WERE RIGHT. I have been accepting old FPID cards from people for years now.