Good luck...

Is there a specific bait for Bear? My co-worker has been putting down cracked corn for deer and all of the animals tear it all up... Deer, Raccoons, etc.

Not sure what would attract bear and not anything else?

They like everything we do. Especially sweet and sugary, dunkin donuts is a favorite. They will also eat dirty baby diapers lol. my favorite bear bait is the used peanut oil from the turkey deep fryer, dump it all over a slightly rotted log and they will tear it into toothpicks! I collected about 30 gallons a few years ago, worked great.

good luck to all of you who have bear tags next week and if you do get one and don't want to keep the skull please let me know and I will gladly drive to you and pick it up. I collect animal skulls and don't have any bear skulls as of yet

I see the anti bear hunt folks were in Trenton yesterday trying to make a statement.

BearsHuntingPeople.jpg

Yep all 25 of them, that's the sight of a few loons left clinging to a lost cause. BTW did you read the sign in the picture the guy is holding behind his back. That's pretty disturbing to me.

Got close to a 300+ pounder but was off to the hard right of me and by the time I got lined up he took off. My buddy got a 250 pounder. Odds against us. Too late in season, full moon, coinciding with deer hunt causing too many guys driving deer. There is next year

There was a blurb on the NJH forum this week from Council members regarding NJF&W changing the bear regs. to make an earlier season (mid-October) to include archery and muzzleloader, remove the lottery and make it first come, first served for a permit, open management zones 5 & 6 to hunting, in addition to the regular 6-day season.

There was a blurb on the NJH forum this week from Council members regarding NJF&W changing the bear regs. to make an earlier season (mid-October) to include archery and muzzleloader, remove the lottery and make it first come, first served for a permit, open management zones 5 & 6 to hunting, in addition to the regular 6-day season.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I can get out next year.