Malsua

Throwing myself under the bus

Be careful you big chooch!!!

We still need you around here!!

The worst part...I had taken the dog out at 5:30 and it was slick, but no biggie...the extra 30 minutes of rain brought it to a whole new level.   For what it's worth, my huge coat, which makes me look like the stay puffed marshmellow man, cushioned the fall :)

My town (Exeter, NH) was a sheet of ice this morning. Thankfully things got better as the morning progressed. Glad you didn't get hurt. My kitchen stoop has an awning over it. Whenever it rains then freezes, I can count on a treacherous set of steps. I see myself going through a lot of salt this winter just so I don't bust my ass. 

Yeah, it's the coat.

You do realize that in order to officially become an old fart the fall must be unassisted - slipping on ice or snow doesn't count - anybody can do that. You've got a few more years to go yet.

Hope your tailbone isn't giving you too much pain. Be careful out there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have done that fall once before and in that one, my tailbone hurt for 6 weeks and in the first I could barely sit or stand.  This time it's just my left hip.   And for the record, I know I'm a hefty fellow...I just ain't as hefty as that coat makes me look.

Ouch, hope you're feeling ok now...

Question - with the Christmas lights on, does that ruin the picture with the video camera?  Typically, with the lights on directly into the lems, you get the halo effect you see around the house light, or you get a really dark picture because the camera has compensated for the lights..  It also looks like the camera has focused on the light strand...

Ouch, hope you're feeling ok now...

Question - with the Christmas lights on, does that ruin the picture with the video camera?  Typically, with the lights on directly into the lems, you get the halo effect you see around the house light, or you get a really dark picture because the camera has compensated for the lights..  It also looks like the camera has focused on the light strand...

Yeah, I'm ok.  The light on the house washed out the camera for the most part.  The Christmas lights wash it out a bit, what are you going to do?  There are plenty of cams that will probably capture enough information.   Recall it's also rainy which really mutes the light as well.  The cameras are fixed focus so there isn't much to be done there.  There was also some resolution loss when it went up to youtube.  Shrug.

Glad to hear you OK, I've got ice melter in stock if you need any.........

A guy I talked to said it was really bad up there this morning - my parking lot was a sheet of ice this morning, but the ice was noticeably heavier in Stockholm and further into Sussex than by my office.

It was bad this morning...tons of cars couldn't make it up the  hills on Canistear.   The Subi did just fine.   We did find the bag of salt...of course wife had to venture into the basement to get it which meant navigating those steps. heh.