ManWithBeard

ISIS Hostage Situation in Australia

This will not end well. I would hope the hostages would do the math and figure out that 20 is much greater than two before someone gets beheaded. Nobody wants to get shot but I would rather die fighting then be slaughtered like a goat.

It's tough to understand, but the article says the ISIS member is due in court? WTF?

There is another thread about military members applying for CCW. Imagine ISIS nutjobs stalking service members at shopping malls or other places ? Without CCW, How are service members supposed to protect themselves and family members ?

What about you and your family?

What about you and your family?

Amen Brother!!!  I was in the Navy back in the 70s but I am certain that would mean squat as far as getting CCW in the PRNJ.

Our "ONLY HOPE" here is for a SCOTUS ruling in our favor due to the 9th and 3rd Circuit Court's rulings being contradictory.

I don't know if that's possible given the makeup of SCOTUS today.  There are an awful lot of barriers in our way as I see things.

1) The next POTUS will have a say in the makeup of SCOTUS as Ginsberg is in failing health.

2) The next POTUS must be a Republican in order to change the leaning of SCOTUS.

3) The Republicans do not yet have a candidate who is popular enough to win in 2016. Christie is NOT a true Republican!

4) We need to pray since the deck is obviously stacked against us!!!

5) I would say move to Mipa's neighborhood but PA's new Governor and sitting AG may change things for PA going forward!

Hope no one but the shitbags is killed.

And they banned guns in Australia...go figure.

Civilian Guns
 Number of Privately Owned Firearms
The estimated total number of guns (both licit and illicit) held by civilians in Australia is 3,050,00012
 Rate of Civilian Firearm Possession per 100 Population
The estimated rate of private gun ownership (both licit and illicit) in Australia is 15.01 firearms per 100 people
 Number of Privately Owned Handguns
There are reportedly 172,4223 handguns in civilian possession in Australia
 Number of Privately Owned Firearms - World Ranking
In a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Australia ranked at No. 254
 Rate of Privately Owned Firearms per 100 Population - World Ranking
In a comparison of the rate of private gun ownership in 178 countries, Australia ranked at No. 421

Number of Licensed Firearm Owners

ChartThe number of licensed gun owners in Australia is reported to be

2012: 730,0005

2010: 873,6256

2001: 764,51878

Rate of Licensed Firearm Owners per 100 Population
ChartThe rate of licensed firearm owners per 100 people in Australia is

2012: 3.329

2010: 4.06

2001: 3.96

Number of Registered Firearms
ChartThe number of registered guns in Australia is reported to be

2012: 2,750,0005

2010: 2,675,7856

2001: 2,165,17078

Rate of Registered Firearms per 100 Population
ChartThe rate of registered guns per 100 people in Australia is

2012: 12.499

2010: 12.44

2001: 11.22

Estimated Number of Illicit Firearms
Unlawfully held guns cannot be counted, but in Australia there are estimated to be 260,000101 to 6 million11
 Estimated Rate of Illicit Firearms per 100 Population
Unlawfully held guns cannot be counted, but in Australia there are estimated to be 1.189 illicit firearms per 100 people

It's tough to understand, but the article says the ISIS member is due in court? WTF?

I read that he was out on bail for several violent crimes, including conspiring to kill his wife. Or maybe actually killing her. He probably has more than one. Wife that is. 

Update:

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/martin-place-cafe-siege-sheik-man-haron-monis-is-holding-several-people-hostage/story-fncynjr2-1227156241649

Guy is out on bail for numerous things, including mailing threatening letters to dead military families and accessory to murder. Fun.

Holy crap, it's about time the media realizes this!!!  I've been saying for years that nut-jobs that do stuff like this aren't sane...

"Can identifying mental illness stop terror attacks?"  http://news.yahoo.com/identifying-mental-illness-stop-terror-attacks-172707999.html

Holy crap, it's about time the media realizes this!!!  I've been saying for years that nut-jobs that do stuff like this aren't sane...

"Can identifying mental illness stop terror attacks?"  http://news.yahoo.com/identifying-mental-illness-stop-terror-attacks-172707999.html

The problem (again) is how they go about this "identification". Its a long discussion and probably doesn't belong in this thread, but expect law abiding firearm owners to be scrutinized to hell (and more laws) under the pretense of "identifying mental illness".