Worn_Holster

Show your sticks!

My Remington 700 5R in .308 with a SWFA 10x42HD scope, CDi bottom metal, cerakote by GdsCoatings, Badger rings and rail, bolt knob by me, and a Harris bipod. My best groups were with 43.0 gr Varget under a 175 gr Sierra MatchKings, with the once fired cases sized with full length die, but only 1/2 way down the neck sized, about a .375" group at 100yds.

5RDressed_as_zps3a47d79b.jpg

Oh man.  I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this forum....

Here is my FN SPR in .308.  It was bedded and threaded by Tactical Coordination.  They also installed a badger bolt knob and modified it to use AICS magazines.  The stock was modified to use the KMW Loggerhead cheek riser system which works better than the factory kydex version.  I'm running a Harris 9-13 and a Bushnell XRS 4.5-30x scope in a Spuhr mojunt.  Its a sub-MOA rifle with the right load (see cherry-picked 3 shot group).  I'm actually going to be selling it sometime next year to put towards an AI AX.

lFT5Quml.jpg

FNDKiJ5l.jpg

7jCWtI0l.jpg

suOTJVAl.jpg

Next up we have my Tikka T3 Varmint in .223.  Hands-down the most accurate factory gun I've ever seen. This one has also been heavily modified:

- Cut + Recrown barrel to 18" (Jeff at Heritage Guild in Easton)

- Straight Flute barrel (for looks mostly)

- Spiral flute bolt (looks mostly)

- Polish bolt body and coat grooves Sniper Grey cerakote (the polish really smooths out the bolt movement)

- Coat barreled action Sniper Grey

- Dropped into a Manners 95% Carbon Fiber stock (super light)

- Installed Hinterlands bolt knob (drop in, really easy install)

- Modified by CDI bottom metal to accept their magazine system.  Allows rifle to run .223 AICS magazines.  

Its wearing a Bushnell 6-24x50 FFP G2DMR scope on an EGW base with Vortex Precision matched rings.  Great optic at a great price point.  Also using a Harris Bipod (pictures have an old Atlas bipod which I've since sold.  This thing routinely shoots 1/2 MOA at 100 yards.  With a factory barrel, I can't complain about those numbers.

XLBGsufl.jpg

DlhX7YEl.jpg

uyMUfYVl.jpg

Tq8dq5Il.jpg

And some group shots with factory match ammo:

FcyHEDdl.jpg

oFIKrJGl.jpg

0gLmNW0l.jpg

Next up we have my Noveske SPR in .223.  Specs are as follows:

- Upper (Noveske-built)

- VLTOR Upper

- 18" Noveske SPR Profile barrel (Polygonal Rifling) w/ Pinned Battlecomp 1.0

- 15" Noveske NSR rail system (looking to upgrade to the 16.7")

- Noveske Match bolt and BCG

- Noveske Raptor charging handle

- Lower (Self-built)

- Noveske Chainsaw Lower

- Geissele SSA-E trigger (may swap to Hi-Speed Match DMR)

- Magpul MIAD Grip

- BAD-ASS Ambi Safety 

- Magpul BAD Lever

- Magpul MOE Rifle Stock

- Stock rifle buffer, spring, and tube.

- Optic is a Vortex 2.5-10x32 in an ADM Recon QD Mount.

This is an older pic where it is wearing my old Atlas bipod.  Its been replaced by a Harris.  Other parts have changed.  Above is latest config.

R5RkPPql.jpg

1.2 MOA 10 round groups.  I'm still working on getting a load for her:

73N4h0al.jpg

D0VyrlIl.jpg

Lastly (I promise) I have a pair of .22 rifles.  One bolt gun and one Semi:

The bolt gun is a CZ455 Varmint SST with the fluted barrel.  Because of the recall CZ issued, it no longer has the SST, but CZ was kind enough to swap it into a Boyd's Tacticool stock for me at no charge.  I replaced the bolt knob with an enlarged, knurled version, but otherwise it is stock.  Glass-wise it is wearing a Mueller 6-24x scope.

Unfortunately I don't have any recent pictures of the CZ but its a solid MOA shooter.

My semi is a Ruger 10/22.  I originally purchased it at a steal and all thats left of the original carbine is the Receiver and the bolt.  I've made the following upgrades:

- Kidd 18" Fluted Match Grade barrel

- Kidd Machined V-Block

- Kidd drop-in trigger group.  Single stage trigger set to 2.5 lbs.  I'm using their speed lever as a mag release.

- Kidd Extended Bolt Handle

- Kidd recoil spring + guide rod

- Kidd extractor

- Kidd Polymer recoil buffer

- Kidd Pic scope base.

- Victor Company Titan 10/22 Stock

It is wearing a Harris Bipod and a Mueller 4-14x scope.  I apologize in advance for the crappy picture.  This thing can put 10 rounds of wolf match into the same ragged hole.  Its amazing how accurate these Kidd barrels are.

17IuVyFl.jpg

M7U6hBHl.jpg

IMG_586197063367023_zpsc4lasxdq.jpeg

Bat tactical action (700 footprint)

Krieger 7.5 twist barrel chambered in 243win and threaded for surefire brake.

Manners stock, badger efr, Huber trigger, hdMr in seekins rings.

All work done in house. .100 to .200 5 round groups at 100 all day.

7.1 mils to 1000 yards with 115gr dtac

• Like 1

835fb7bd1f6379fa4bbba45913ca1f60_zpsvdpy

IMG_20141019_152810_zpsxx5ztknw.jpg

Another in house build.

Remington 700 chambered in 223rem match, 22 inch bartlein barrel with threaded muzzled and custom thread protector. Bedded in McMillan stock. Action was trued and recoil lug precision ground.

Group is 3 rounds at 100 yards, no load development. 3 rounds were I believe d the 4th 5th and 6th rounds fired from the barrel. Measures approx .360-.224= .136. Bullet was a 77gr smk.

Some barrel work in progress. Douglas blank chambered in 22-250 ackley improved, cut to 24, threaded and custom collar made for an AE can (pa customer)

IMG_20150103_021349_zpsdl0tl08q.jpg

Same douglas barrel blank finished up. Threaded, bolt nose recess cut, chambered and headspaced.

IMG_20150102_225824_zps7pzgjml4.jpg

So I may or may not have gone a bit off the deep end.  As some of you may have seen I had listed my FN SPR for sale earlier.  Well its currently off to its new home out of state and I replaced it with:

XqhsL6dl.jpg

Yep, Accuracy International.  Specifically the 2014 model of the AI AX:

tGvVQYil.jpg

This thing is absolutely gorgeous.  Some of the best engineering I have ever seen:

hKrVsCsl.jpg

Heavy as all hell though.  Not great for long walks:

Eoc1oxIl.jpg

But the coolest thing about the rifle is the modularity.  You can completely break down the rifle with a single 4mm Hex wrench (which is stored in the buttstock).  You can even remove the barrel and replace it with another short action, 308 bolt face caliber.  Or you can break it down for storage/transport:

Ir038YLl.jpg

All-in-all, totally worth it:

iaqfJ59l.jpg

The barrel is a 24" 1/10 twist Bartlien blank chambered by Dave Tooley.  I'm also using the Harris 9-13 bipod off the FN as well as a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 in a Spuhr mount.

Nothing too fancy. It's my Ruger M77 Varmint/Target in .308. I've shot it t0 100 and, it's better than me (which isn't really saying much). I've got to get behind it a bit more in the near future.

C

AIAT  Vortex 4.5-27x56mm in a Spuhr mount and an Atlas PSR... top is 20" .308 w/ JEC brake and bottom is crappy pic of the 26" Hawk Hill 6mm Creedmoor w/ JEC brake in my reloading dungeon. I will always have a quick change setup for now on, it's amazing.

17429837-F65A-4116-B849-B2D9461B2B6D_zps

36F14254-A51F-4850-80E5-205E72F28CAB_zps

min14_zpspuowpnuz.jpg

Yes, it's a Ranch 14 shooting less than .5" 3 shot groups with cold shot and my bad shooting.  Cheap ass 55 gr ammo but I'll make some specific loads for it when I get time.  I had to give back the scope I borrowed and I don't know which one I'll get.  I need to get one for my 6mmAR as well, maybe time to sell some hardware to fund some scopes?

Did some load development and got some the results this weekend. Used 69gr SMK  with 24.6gr of varget and CCI BR4 primers. 10 shoots @ 100 yards comes in under .75 inch. 

Barrel = Lothar Walther Varmint Tactical: 20" barrel length, 8" twist, stainless, .223 Wylde chamber.
Compensator = Rainier Arms Compensator RAC
Hand guard = Unique-ARS 15” flame
Upper & Lower = Aero Precision set
Trigger = Hipertouch 24C
Optice = Nikon p223 4-12x40

Stock = Magpul PRS

Dsc03467.jpg12039406_10153186730092058_1603878667128

My Sexy Finn! My Remchester 7 something friends don't get it, but I love the "Biathalon" style, and Tikka quality is indisputable! Fits like a glove, and sighting in was 3 shots! Sightron 36x on a DNZ mount. Plan to get some accuracy pics shortly.

post-3510-0-71414800-1444059913_thumb.jpg

post-3510-0-13291300-1444060167_thumb.jpg

My Sexy Finn! My Remchester 7 something friends don't get it, but I love the "Biathalon" style, and Tikka quality is indisputable! Fits like a glove, and sighting in was 3 shots! Sightron 36x on a DNZ mount. Plan to get some accuracy pics shortly.

Real nice rig !!

Really nice stick dude !

Good shootin too

Thanks! I was taken aback by that outing. That group was the first five shot group I shot after zeroing the new barrel. And it was done prone on uneven ground (I ended up building a platform to fix that a few months later), off a bipod, with no rear bag. The scope was a cheap SFP 5-15 Bushnell which I've since replaced with a FFP 3.5-21 but I haven't taken it back out as I haven't had time to do any load development for the caliber.

As always nice MW. How do you like the Omega suppressor? I have one in NFA jail.....

Omega's not a bad can but the one on the MWS is the Harvester. The Harvester/6.5C combo is silly quiet. Like, much quieter than it should be out of a gas gun. I've shot a lot of suppressors on a lot of different hosts but this one took me by surprise at how quiet it was.