Worn_Holster

Show your sticks!

Roger that! A few years back a group here got fired up to go out there and everyone joined up and then everyone got super busy and no one went LOL. I intend to actually go to these places this year!!!

If you want company, my buddy and i can join you.

Mifflin is a great range but hard to get on, on a weekend. They usually have events. Since its a 3 hour ride for me, i plan on going 1-3 times a yr. What we do is split the membership fees (one guy renews as a member, the others are his guests). Makes sense if you only go 2-3 times a year. We get a hotel room so we can get two days of shooting in.

Oh, you can also camp outside for $10 a nite, although ive nvr done it.

Good to know, thanks Jimmy. BTW you and Keith are having too much fun down there!!!!!

Yes, yes we are. Amazing living in America. I got my 1st suppressor. Have another in NFA jail along with 2 SBRs. It's expensive living here, but worth it. Come down and visit when you get time. 

Hey Shane i you are going to Mifflin make sure you have a high bipod. The range goes up the mountain and a 6x9 will be hard to use at distance.

While a 6-9 bipod can work, you will use it on 9" more than 6" (at least, for me).  I use a 9-13" bipod and typically leave it at 9".  When I do that, I need to get the butt of the rifle kinda high when shooting at 100 to 200 yards but it's comfortable at the other distances out to 1050 yds.  I never need to extend more than 9".

evq6iB4.jpg

Whelp my stick is ready for the range. My Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5cm with updated LRI bolt shroud, American Precision Gen II Little Bastard Brake. Harris Bipod and Vortex PST 6x24x50 FFP scope. Couple boxes of Hornady ammo to gobble. Now just need some time and some nice weather to sight it in. Just bore sighted at the moment to get me close on paper hopefully.

1b6667f5cef8a48c7c432dc996f0b22f.jpg

563c6db0da587c0ead669c2ccc42cca3.jpg

dec7181206868d3f3713de3cc7926c91.jpg

9f30e2f62e74a3ccd5947eb441a9f460.jpg

(Muzzle brake is black like barrel but flash washed it out.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was nice today.

Sure was. But I hate going up there on weekends. I usually hit it early and try get out by noon or when I run out pf ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sure was. But I hate going up there on weekends. I usually hit it early and try get out by noon or when I run out pf ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm heading up with a buddy in the morning tomorrow (Monday 2/29).  Drop me a PM if you would like to meet up.

C

I'm heading up with a buddy in the morning tomorrow (Monday 2/29). Drop me a PM if you would like to meet up.

C

Sure thing. I'll let ya know. Suppose to rain most of morning. Was thinking Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I may want him to bring me something.

Pizza?  That and bagels are the only thing I'm struggling with.  The rest is great.

Couldn't tell you Nick. Do a search. Realize Jacksonville, a much bigger city, is only about 35 - 40 minutes away from that range.

I was being facetious.  I saw some amazing homes down there for amazing prices but it's a bit too risky for right now with the young kid... I also changed jobs fairly recently and I really like it where I am so... Yeah...  Eventually, hopefully...