Samdjr74

Anyone from Pequannock? Got a P2P question

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any folks here live in Pequannock or Pompton Plains and know if I need to get signatures again if I'm applying for another P2P? I already have my FID and P2P which I used but I now I'm thinking about down the road when I go for another handgun, will I need to get signatures again and if so do they need to be different people then who I used before?

Thanks,

Sam

Signatures on what? If you mean your 2 references you can use the same ones over and over but yes they will be sent letters for each set of permits you apply for.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Ok thanks, yes I meant the 2 references. I heard not every town does the same thing.

Morris county is generally good with the PD's issuing P2P . I lived in Montville most of my life and never had a problem.

Now I'm in Mine Hill /Wharton PD and no problems here either. No BS extra forms etc. Always 30 days or less

Morris county is generally good with the PD's issuing P2P

Boonton, not so much. No extra paperwork, but good luck getting the appointment they require in order to apply. Good luck getting the appointment they require to pick up the permits once issued. The deliberate foot dragging adds another 4 or 5 weeks to the process.

So the time starts now for me. I dropped off my application for 3 P2P's today as well as submitted the form for a criminal record check on line. So in total $26 today, 20 for the background check and 6 for the 3 permits. I was told it shouldn't take too long, so I'll update this thread when I get them.

I grew up in Pequannock. I always used the same two friends as references. The PD only mailed out the questionnaires for the first set of P2P's I applied for. The initial set took three weeks...maybe a month. After that, it took a week or so to get a set of P2P's (I always apply for three at a time).

Naturally, I eventually moved out of town. Now it takes a month or so to get each set (still apply for three at a time, lol...). Just like Pequannock PD, my current PD only sent questionnaires out the first time. I applied for a set of P2P's and did the address change thing at the same time.

Would you give someone you didnt know as a job reference? I would not use someone I really didnt know as a reference. I also would not be a reference for someone I really didnt know. What is the reference supposed to put down for "how long do you know them"? Put "never met them, volunteered to be their reference on a gun forum". I never heard of it happening but if the reference puts anything but the truth they could be charged with false statement.

The p2p system in NJ is stupid but asking for references or volunteering to be one on a firearms application isnt too smart either.