fmtek

issues with Glock / Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger assembly...........................

hey guys.. .anyone using the Zev Tech Fulcrum trigger? ..

i've had it on my Glock 22 Gen4 since June, and haven't had any issues.. put a couple thousand rounds through it.. but that was basic range shooting..

The last couple weeks, i've been shooting steel, and my trigger safety (red) has fallen off. Luckily I've been able to find the pieces and it was fixed the first time, but it happened again tonight... 

not sure what is causing it to do this... should i loctite the tiny screw? .. should I call Zev Tech and get a replacement? ..

Like i said, regular range use, it's been fine, and I took an Urban 1 Pistol at GFH, and it was fine.. but tonight, it crapped out again.. and this was with 2 different shooters.. First time was me, 2nd time was my friend... 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice..

-Frank

I wouldn't put a Fulcrum trigger in any Glock I was planning to use for HD/SD. Keep that in comp/fun guns. Stick with Glock OEM parts and dry fire the shit out of it for a decent Glock trigger in a social gun.

The only way to drastically improve the trigger on a Glock is to start messing with the integral safeties (drop and firing pin safeties) or adding parts internally (ie: trigger stops) - bad juju.

Read this:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/57841-glock-triggers-how-they-work-and-how-to-make-them-better/?hl=%2Bglock+%2Btriggers

I wouldn't put a Fulcrum trigger in any Glock I was planning to use for HD/SD. Keep that in comp/fun guns. Stick with Glock OEM parts and dry fire the shit out of it for a decent Glock trigger in a social gun.

The only way to drastically improve the trigger on a Glock is to start messing with the integral safeties (drop and firing pin safeties) or adding parts internally (ie: trigger stops) - bad juju.

Read this:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/57841-glock-triggers-how-they-work-and-how-to-make-them-better/?hl=%2Bglock+%2Btriggers

i've always found it funny that the rule is never touch a glock trigger for a carry gun, and never buy an M&P without putting an apex in it.  i've read that post a few times and don't have the familiarity with how the parts function together to make sense of it all, but I've also wondered what something like a zev "duty" nonadjustable kit would be like safety and reliability wise.  i just don't dislike the glock trigger enough to try.  i do wish the stock glock trigger was a little flatter all the way across.  the g17 trigger is an improvement in my g19, but a flat front on the trigger would be nice

On the Glock it is a safety and reliability issue. To drastically improve a Glock trigger you had to almost disable the firing pin and drop safety. Then you run into reliability issues when swapping striker and trigger springs. An unsafe and unreliable pistol makes for a bad choice in a self defense gun - it has nothing to do with legal perception or "hair trigger" prosecutions.

On an M&P the APEX kit improves the tactile reset to make the trigger more "Glock-like". You aren't touching any of the internal safeties.

The best Glock trigger I have ever felt was completely stock with OEM parts. It was just dry fired thousands and thousands of times to smooth everything out.

Absolutely agree. My G22 is for steel shooting and just fun stuff. I have a totally stock g19 I use for HD and it's about 10 years old and has a great trigger from being fired and dry fired.

Right now the g22 functions but it's unsafe. With a light trigger and no trigger safety, I won't be using it until I get a replacement or fix the current one. M

I'll add some pics tonight on what the parts look like off the trigger.

I have never had a problem with Glock triggers. They do start out pretty bad, but smooth out fairly quickly with lots of shooting. A light buff on some of the contact points (which is really just simulating the effect of multiple trigger pulls anyway) and a drop of oil on the cruciform go a long way too. I used to buy Ghost connectors and the like, but always came back to the stock arrangement for the positive trigger reset and return. 

Glock stock sights... another matter entirely. :)

On the Glock it is a safety and reliability issue. To drastically improve a Glock trigger you had to almost disable the firing pin and drop safety. Then you run into reliability issues when swapping striker and trigger springs. An unsafe and unreliable pistol makes for a bad choice in a self defense gun - it has nothing to do with legal perception or "hair trigger" prosecutions.

On an M&P the APEX kit improves the tactile reset to make the trigger more "Glock-like". You aren't touching any of the internal safeties.

The best Glock trigger I have ever felt was completely stock with OEM parts. It was just dry fired thousands and thousands of times to smooth everything out.

$0.25 trigger job is the best way to improve a Glock trigger, IMO. You polish the ever-loving crap out of every part in the trigger assembly that slides past another part. Once those surfaces are reflective as a mirror, you'd never believe it was a Glock.