Avalanche

Hour and 20 minute wait for BC today.

That's NJ "Instant" for ya.  Last year it was 2 weeks.

NO OT per NJ AG has been in effect now for months.  With I'm sure use em or loose them days they are shorthanded.  Wait till tomorrow, it'll be Monday for approvals.

Gotta love this state  49 out of 50 all the time.  Geez what will our rating be when Obama finds the other 7 states he keeps talking about.  BTW, how many states in Mexico?

This morning they were running 15 minutes or so, afternoon was longer.....

I agree 15 to 20 min most of the day today. Now Saturdays are another story. All I could say is get your check in early, and the go for breakfast or coffee and come back for approval.

I was surprised to find out that although it is an online system, they have monkeys in a central office manually checking the information. 

The online portion is simply just the submission to the office where state drones are doing some kind of checks.

Took well over a hour for mine to come back on the 20th, dealer called to see if they were still alive lol

This sucks, really really sucks!! everybody complained when it took 30 minutes before now it's hours.

BTW Dealer confirmed that it's not instant and everything is done manually.

My tiny gun shop I buy most of my guns through, or at, does my NICS check in the morning and I'll pick my items up later on in the day. It makes it SO much easier. All I do is paperwork when I get there and I'm good to go.

I wonder why shops do not openly advertise the fact that you can have NICS done before you arrive to complete the 4473 and NJ forms?

One shop had me send my info over and submit the NICS request, I picked up a few days later and dated the second page on the 4473 with the date the NICS check came back approved.