Jim Norman

3-Gun @ Old BridgeDecember 28th

For anyone wondering what to do Sunday after Christmas, we'll be running a 3-Gun/Multi-gun match at Old Bridge. Look for 5-7 stages. Set up starts at 0730, we want to be shooting by 1000. Sign up at www.OBCATS.com.

Divisions: Open, Tac Optic, Tac Iron, TO Pump SG and TI Pump SG. All divisions are subject to participation. If there are not enough in your division, we'll find a place for you.

This is the LAST MATCH of 2014!

I have never shot USPSA, let alone a 3 gun. What would I need in terms of firearms and equipment?

I have a variety of centerfire pistols that I use for IDPA so I'm assuming any one of them is OK. I also have an 870 and an AR with a scope and backup irons. How many mags for each do I need and what sort of shotgun ammo?

Thanks for any help.

Stu.

Stu,

You need to have the ability to carry 2-3 extra rifle mags, 2-3 extra pistol mags, probaby 24 Shotshells in addition to what is in your gun.. You will need a sling for your rifle. If you have shot IDPA you should be OK. We will put you with a squad that will look out for you.

what about total noobs? not to shooting, but to shooting something like this?

Do as you please, but in my opinion standard USPSA match would be a better introduction to action competition shooting.

Regardless, if you show up with the equipment I'm sure the guys there will help you along.

Ok. I have a pass from the wife and I have registered.

What do I need to bring in terms of ammo; how many pistol and rifle rounds, how many slugs, how many buck shot and how many bird shot?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Usually you will need around 100 Rifle, 100 Pistol, 100 shot shells, and maybe some slugs (5-10).

Actually you will probably need less then that, but bringing that much ammo and you should be fine. I would even say bring 150 of each, you will bring some back home and it doesn't go bad. Depending on how your shooting is with a rifle, that tends to be what people underestimate ie: the match only requires 50 hits with rifle, but someone also spends 50 rounds trying to hit the smaller far away targets.

Worst case if you don't have enough, someone will throw you some ammo, we are a surprisingly friendly bunch given our gruff appearances.

I'd say total noobs are fine, although I wish people would shoot a "one weapon" discipline first (USPSA or IDPA) so the can get the used to the timer pressure without having to juggle 3 guns, but on the other hand I don't have a problem with anyone jumping in the deep end of the pool as long as they do it with the right attitude.

Do as you please, but in my opinion standard USPSA match would be a better introduction to action competition shooting.

Regardless, if you show up with the equipment I'm sure the guys there will help you along.

thanks man.....that's exactly what i really wanted to know........

Vlad g. So its up in your face to 100 yards for rifle. Correct? Also. For shotgun. Target load or buck shot or does it matter. Sorry i gotta ask. I know just like mr stu you got alot going on with running the matches.

Ps the weather for that day will be the best its been in the last month.

All good info - thanks.

I have plenty of ammo, the guns are clean and ready to go except I need to zero the new scope I just put on my rifle.

I'm not sure how early I can get there on Sunday but I'll try to be early enough to help set up.

All good info - thanks.

I have plenty of ammo, the guns are clean and ready to go except I need to zero the new scope I just put on my rifle.

I'm not sure how early I can get there on Sunday but I'll try to be early enough to help set up.

Stu you are going to have SO much FUN, lol!  Be careful--it's addictive--just like IDPA!

And a very Meery Christmas to ALL on this thread!

Rosey

1 ltcap i pm'd you. Whadda you think.

i may just show up there. i'd just zeroed the ar a couple weeks ago. not sure how i'll make out with the shotgun. i'd probably use the beretta for my pistol. i dunno how much target ammo i have for my shotugn though....mostly i have 00buck for that. are there any special requirements for ammo for rifle/pistol? i.e. type?

Mr stu. Be careful. If you do a uspsa regular pistol match you might have second thoughts about idpa if you like moving action. The obcat matches are run very well from the few ive been to and the one ive been dq'd from. . The safety tables arent marked very clearly if you are tall. Youve been warned. !!!!

Having just taken on the role of Match Director for Somerset IDPA, I don't think I can abandon IDPA too easily. I more wanted to try 3 gun for now. Maybe USPSA pistol is in my future somewhere, we'll see I guess.

Just got an email from jim about an hour past.

58 Pistol, 56 Rifle, 43 Birdshot (#6 or smaller) 14 Slugs

You will probably want more to cover misses and 58 Pistol, 56 Rifle, 43 Birdshot (#6 or smaller) 14 Slugs

You will probably want more to cover misses and reshoots!