DirtyDigz

NJ2AS - Frank Fiamingo resigning as president 1/1/2015

From facebook this morning:

*** NJ2AS NEWS:

Dear friends and fellow members. Over the past year, I have had several minor but ongoing health problems. I have found it increasingly difficult to perform the duties of President of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society at a level that I consider satisfactory. For those and other personal reasons, I have asked the Vice President, Alexander Roubian to guide the Society through a reorganization. Together, the leaders, members and supporters of the NJ2AS have built a solid foundation. I am confident that the Society will continue to thrive and grow.

I have complete confidence that Alexander will do an outstanding job of moving the mission of the NJ2AS forward and I recommend that he take over as President as of January 1, 2015. I intend to continue to participate and contribute as an enthusiastic member of the NJ2AS, and have offered to take on special projects that the leaders and I agree would make good use of my skills and help further our mission.

As you may gather from this statement, this is an amicable agreement reached after careful consideration. There is no hidden agenda, drama or machinations behind this decision. I am simply doing what I feel is best for myself as well as the future of the NJ2AS. I sincerely hope that our current members and supporters will continue to work with Alexander and the Leadership Team to make this a successful transition.

There is a great deal of opportunity available for individuals who are willing and able to take on a greater role in the future of our Society. Please do not hesitate to contact Alexander at [email protected] if you would like to assist him. The Society needs involved women and men in order to support and expand our mission.

Thank you for all your help and support.

Frank Jack Fiamingo

I'm sad that Frank is stepping down, but I'm also enthusiastic about Alexander's ability to take over.  Frank was a huge asset getting the organization to its current point, with national recognition.  I believe Alexander will continue that mission effectively.  Thanks, Frank, for everything and best of luck, with support, Alexander!

Alexander will do an excellent job.  For those of you who do not know him, here is my feedback, FWIW.

I have spoken to him on many an occasion.  He owns his own business, is very articulate and intelligent.  He has a great personal story about the need for a defensive firearm.  He is also a relatively young, good looking man, which makes him a great face for our cause.

I cannot think of anyone else I would rather have lead the NJ2AS.