Sign in to follow this  
siderman

Ooops, missed the turn to Disneyworld...

yeah, saw all the anti groups are flipping out about it on FB

Whining that the guns and range are too close to all the family attractions and its dangerous

And that little kids can shoot full auto and more situations like Arizona will happen.

Also they have listed a "Side x side coach gun", with an OU shotgun pictured.  There's also a picture of a guy holding a similar looking OU shotgun, but no mention of it in the "guns" section.  However the simulator looks like it may be somewhat fun, if it's not ridiculously overpriced.

FFS, people, it is a website designed to attract attention. It is not designed for you, it is designed for tourists, possibly even foreign tourists.  You guys actually give a crap that they've photoshopped bullets and you call them liberals or idiots for it?

I'll bet you they are far smarter then you give them credit because they've figured out how to get their name talked about.  A lot of you are probably still watching Walking Dead despite bad gun handling and idiotic gun configurations, but somehow these guys making a page designed to attract tourists is bad.

It is an "attraction" not a gun club.

And the first time some idiot shoots himself (or herself), all the gun-haters will be screaming about letting untrained people (i.e. NOT LE or Military) handle those deadly things.   I can hear it now  "See, we told you one of those guns would turn around and shoot some unsuspecting tourist.  We knew this would happen.  See? See?  We Told You So."

A shooting range should not be marketed as a "tourist attraction"...take a look at their "experiences" that are available.  Gangsterland, The Walking Dread, 007, Automatic Divas, etc.   This place is not marketing to responsible gun owners, their target audience is the couch commando turned mall ninja tourist.  Hopefully, their RO's are more disciplined than the one in AZ over the summer.

I've got nothing against free enterprise and these folks are just as welcome to market their business to the Disney visitors' wallets as Disney  and every other Orlando area business.  I wish them well and hope they are able to maintain a thriving and safe business....But I wouldn't go within 500 yards of the place during business hours.

Right because supervised untrained people are somehow more dangerous then random joe that goes and rents a gun a "normal" range and offs himself, right? That never happens, right?

Why shouldn't a shooting range a tourist attraction? Car racing is, jumping out of planes is, scuba is, all of these are potentially deadly things that we don't blink an eye at when someone wants to try them out without buying their own super car or scuba gear or parachute. I'd think you would want exactly the same mentality to apply to guns, to be accepted as a personal choice not some evil thing to be kept away from "normal people".

Racing, scuba and skydiving all come with training prior to them strapping you in a car, or tanks on your back, or sending you up to 1500' to jump out (with an experienced person strapped to your back to operate the chute).  Any range I've been to (and I've been to plenty, not just the ones here in PRNJ & PA) put you in an (unattended) room and say "watch this video and fill out these forms".  10-15 minutes later, you're qualified to grab a gun and a box of ammo and head out/in to the range...on your own...with 1 or 2 RO's watching out for the safety of everyone on the range.

I think EVERYONE should have the opportunity to learn how to properly and safely handle, shoot and maintain firearms...the key word being "safely" 

Be honest, how many people actually watch and pay attention to the safety videos shown the first time you go to the range?

Every time I go to a public/semi-public range, my head is on a swivel when I'm not on the firing line...making sure that no one near me is being an ass.  I also try to avoid going during peak "hey, let's go try shooting" hours at places that rent guns.

The funny thing is, nobody is even talking about it down here.

This is about an hour and a half or so from me... about the same as Orlando proper - I have been to Orlando a few times, most recently for a gun show in the fall.  Guns in Florida are much more respected, normal, and not such an evil, all-encompassing-terror like they are in NJ.

Down here, people seem to think like, "What is it about those people (like the NJ antis and the like across the nation) that make this such a big deal?  It's not like they're having a range for shooting Mickey Mouse with bazookas and armed gunman guarding Space Mountain and target practice shooting @ the Epcot Center .... "

I have taken two trips to Las Vegas where I spent considerable time and money (and fun!!!) getting in lots of fun and down and dirty with various machine guns etc. @ The Gun Store.  So I am not rushing to this new Machine gun place in Orlando but, for those that do, good for them!  Let them have their fun and perhaps the place profit for their owners and give workers jobs.

" So I am not rushing to this new Machine gun place in Orlando but, for those that do, good for them!  Let them have their fun and perhaps the place profit for their owners and give workers jobs."

Right on.