emptyshell

.22 LR-How it is made

Not that many when you break it down.

If Dick's was the only gun store in the USA, with 558 stores that's only 14 bricks per store per day.

CCI needs to expand their operation!  Why would a for profit company that has every round sold for 10 years out

not increase it's profits by increasing it's production to meet demand???

I went to Cabella's in Delaware a few weeks ago and with all of the isles of ammo, there was one big gap on a shelf with a sign that read "Sorry, NO .22 AMMO"

If Dick's was the only gun store in the USA, with 558 stores that's only 14 bricks per store per day.

CCI needs to expand their operation!  Why would a for profit company that has every round sold for 10 years out

not increase it's profits by increasing it's production to meet demand???

The same reason that AR makers who expanded operations are now having record losses or declaring bankruptcy.

They don't have anything sold ten years out, I don't even care if it's on paper. Those orders can evaporate next year. That being said, there is likely a permanent increase of demand for .22 similar to or greater than most popular ammo.

But today's astronomical demand will not persist. People have bought a lot of guns recently, a lot of .22s, and a lot of .22 kits. Believe it or not, shooting a bought gun is like screwing a wife you just married for the majority of people. There's a lot up front and then it peters off. Not everybody is going to shoot a brick every week for the next 40 years. Within 5 years most will shoot a brick a year or just leave it in the closet. Boys and their toys.

I shoot more .22s than Chris Columbus f*****d native American women. More than .22 Plinkster, although nowhere near as well. I bought all the way up, from 4 cents to ... I'm embarrassed to say. 

It's coming back. I've had a million ads in my in box for $.08; even local shops are selling it for around that price. Supply is catching up with demand. When it finally does companies that expanded will be broke. Typical boom/bust market. Unless P*******t O***a is re-elected to a third term, or the wife of former President C*****n. Also known as H*****y, assumes her inevitable position as leader of the free world.

I love and respect both of those people. I really do. Really. Just sayin'.