Lecky

Parts kit

Hi all. after much back and forth, I've decided to take everyone's suggestions and build a lower. I have a couple questions I am hoping to get answered. Am I better off with a Anderson or spikes lower? And who makes the best complete lower parts kit, and where can I purchase it? Thanks all.

If you want it with a fire control group (trigger) I like the spikes enhanced LPK, which has a pretty good FCG.  If you want to get a really quality FCG buy an LPK minus the FCG and then get the trigger separately.  

http://www.spikestactical.com/lower-kit-spikes-enhanced-parts-kit-p-422.html

You can see there is a bit of a price jump.  

As far as the lower I like the spikes lowers for an inexpensive quality piece and a lot of the stores in NJ have them.  If you are near remixer I believe he carries them (I'm judging based on your home range).  

Pretty much all receivers are the same. There's only a few forgers and most companys don't make their own in house. I happen to like Spikes because I like their roll marks and logo. As for lpk, I prefer Geissele triggers in all my builds so I buy lpk minus the fire control group (trigger).

See midwestPX for your lower parts kit.  Get a kit w/o the FCG and get the ALG FCG for starters.  Anderson , Spikes, RRA, have not seen much difference between any of them.  You can get one from local FFL or transfer through local FFL and get from MidwestPX as well.

I like CMMG lower parts kit myself. If you don't have money for a decent trigger right now, you can clean up the machined surfaces on the trigger and hammer where they contact each other.  Just get some very fine emery cloth and slowly, methodically, and carefully polish the surfaces where the trigger catches the hammer.  It will still be heavy compared to a quality trigger, but much of the grittiness can be removed.  Proceed at your own risk though.  

See midwestPX for your lower parts kit. Get a kit w/o the FCG and get the ALG FCG for starters. Anderson , Spikes, RRA, have not seen much difference between any of them. You can get one from local FFL or transfer through local FFL and get from MidwestPX as well.

This. My mother got me this for Xmas

She asked me wtf it was lol.

See midwestPX for your lower parts kit. Get a kit w/o the FCG and get the ALG FCG for starters. Anderson , Spikes, RRA, have not seen much difference between any of them. You can get one from local FFL or transfer through local FFL and get from MidwestPX as well.

This. My mother got me this for Xmas

She asked me wtf it was lol.

Midwest PX parts kit with ALG ACT trigger.

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?products_id=659

Best deal out there!

best price on one of the best lower parts kits 

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=SPK99796

Just picked up a kit from them.  Nicely finished.  I can't comment on fit yet since I haven't put the lower together.

I'm going to give that Midwest PX kit a try on my next build.