wweng

permits good now for 180 days?

I just picked up my permits today and was told they are now good for 180 days with no extensions after that. The expiration dare on the permits also concur . The permits are now the size of a full sheet of paper instead of the half sheet before.

Sounds like EHT (after getting their dicks smacked with a lawsuit originating from the NJ2AS) has decided to go full tilt in the other direction.

Good for the EHT pols and popo for using their upstairs gray matter!

And the 9.5x11 (8.5x11 after you tear off the pinfeed margins) are about a year old statewide.

Welcome to the 1990s New Jersey!

I'd like to hear from some other municipalities to determine if this is a local anomaly or consistent throughout the state. Or a press release from the NJSP. This may be something that Egg Harbor decided to do and would be perfectly legal since extensions are at the discretion of the CLEO. There are no guidelines as to when the extension is to be granted, just that they expire a total 180 days from date of issue.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I'm a little rusty on NJ gun laws.  

Is it required that they cannot grant the extension until after the initial 90 period is over?  

NOPE

Maybe they just got tired of people coming back in for extensions.

WOULD SEEM THAT WAY TO ME, ESP AFTER BEING SUED.

There is currently no rule about when the local PD can extend the 90 day permits to 180 days.  So EHT could do it right from the beginning but I've never heard of that before.

If the proposed changes to the NJAC are adopted in February, there will be a list of "allowed" reasons for extensions and extensions will only be allowed if you request an extension before the initial 90 days is up.  Currently, there is nothing preventing a local PD from extending your permit if you show up on day 120.

EHT? 10 minutes from me and you get permits that are valid for 180 DAYS? I better move to EHT while the getting is good :D

I can't find anything from NJSP which would indicate permits are now valid for 180 DAYS so curious if they signed off on the extension when the issued the permits or if this is something new.

EHT? 10 minutes from me and you get permits that are valid for 180 DAYS? I better move to EHT while the getting is good :D

I can't find anything from NJSP which would indicate permits are now valid for 180 DAYS so curious if they signed off on the extension when the issued the permits or if this is something new.

I too use to boarder EHT and then moved for better gun laws. If you are willing to move (a good idea in my opinion) I would go at least to PA. I can't tell you how happy it was to pay the crazy fee to take my moving truck across the Delaware River. I was so happy I kept going until I reached AZ. Life has been good ever since. Freedom is so addictive.

Interesting, because my town did that for me too on a set of permits.  When I took the fourth one in on what would have been day 92 from the original date my FFL was very reluctant about accepting it.  He said that the form clearly states that the renewed permit is only valid for a max of 90 days from the date of extension, so his read was that if they extend it when you pick it up, the entire permit is only good for 90 days from that date rather than a full 180 days.  I wonder what the state police have to say about that?

In another few weeks, my permits will have no expiration date....oh, wait.  Texas doesn't require permits to purchase one neutered gun per month.  I can walk in and buy a dozen handguns with 100 round magazines as long as I have the money for them and pass the NICS check.

In another few weeks, my permits will have no expiration date....oh, wait.  Texas doesn't require permits to purchase one neutered gun per month.  I can walk in and buy a dozen handguns with 100 round magazines as long as I have the money for them and pass the NICS check.

Not so fast, dealer needs to submit to the ATF a multiple purchase form and it's common for ATF to show up at your house...;)

Let em show up. I have nothing to hide.

:D

Had the ATF come knocking last year, nice people given the circumstances.

Just wanted to put that out as many have no idea of this requirement, but in the great state of Texas you can drive to a shop down the street and buy a second..and third...and forth with no additional forms.

I was told it was the state's decision to do this but that could be a story by the clerk, either way it will be a lot nicer

Oh how I hate municipal/government employees that have no idea what they are talking about. But, hey, since they work for the goverment, they must be right.

My point is that I don't have to ask my mommy if I can go buy a new toy...I'm a big boy now, I don't need Nannies Sweeney & Weinberg to tell me how evil I am for wanting 16 "bullets in a clip".

This signature is AWESOME!!!

My point is that I don't have to ask my mommy if I can go buy a new toy...I'm a big boy now, I don't need Nannies Sweeney & Weinberg to tell me how evil I am for wanting 16 "bullets in a clip".

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Understood, you are lucky :)

Now get some evil AR's, AK's and assault pistols :D