Sign in to follow this  
Lecky

Starting a new build

Lots of people have used that and it's definitely gtg. Pat Rogers personally sung the bcm stocks praises. I know he's a bcm guy but he is a no bullshit kind of guy. I'd take a look.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNFIGHTER-s-Stock-Mod-0-Black-p/bcm-gfs-mod-0-blk.htm

Lots of people have used that and it's definitely gtg. Pat Rogers personally sung the bcm stocks praises. I know he's a bcm guy but he is a no bullshit kind of guy. I'd take a look.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNFIGHTER-s-Stock-Mod-0-Black-p/bcm-gfs-mod-0-blk.htm

X2 B5 is gtg

Hi all, my lower parts kit will be here Monday, my bcm upper Wednesday, and stock and buffer Thursday, all that's left is figuring out which hand guard to choose. I want to thank everyone so much for all the help, you guys really helped me out alot, not only with choosing what to purchase, but giving me the confidence to attempt my first build. One last question, I really want this build to be a super solid rifle, do you guys think I should forget about using the Anderson stripped lower I have and get something else? Thanks again.

Thanks Vlad, can this be purchased locally? How are their stripped lowers? Are they a big difference over Anderson and spikes?

unlikely it can be purchased locally..  I have not had hands on their lowers.. mostly because I dont think I need to.. IMHO a lower is a lower as long as it is turned out by a reputable company.. and all the holes line up and are where they belong..

is your muzzle device welded already? I might have missed that part.. and also a little tired.. lol

unlikely it can be purchased locally..  I have not had hands on their lowers.. mostly because I dont think I need to.. IMHO a lower is a lower as long as it is turned out by a reputable company.. and all the holes line up and are where they belong..

is your muzzle device welded already? I might have missed that part.. and also a little tired.. lol

I ended up having the battlecomp 1.5 perm installed from BCM.

you got one with the a2 style front sight post right?  if it were me i'd just put on a set of MOE grips until i saved up to do something like a centurion arms c4 rail.  either the cutout or a 12"    I'm not usually a fan of quad rails, but my cousin has the 12" C4 on his BCM upper and its really nice.  something like this 

Hi all, my lower parts kit will be here Monday, my bcm upper Wednesday, and stock and buffer Thursday, all that's left is figuring out which hand guard to choose. I want to thank everyone so much for all the help, you guys really helped me out alot, not only with choosing what to purchase, but giving me the confidence to attempt my first build. One last question, I really want this build to be a super solid rifle, do you guys think I should forget about using the Anderson stripped lower I have and get something else? Thanks again.

You'll like the BCM upper. Mine came in last week & I mated it to my stripped lower. Really nice quality here. I ended up going with the 14.5" + pinned BCM comp mod 1 & the BCM KMR 13" rail. Completely happy.

I also have the Anderson lower & assembly was a breeze. I don't really think the manufacturer of the lower matters from the research that I've done. I wouldn't worry about it.

The 2 videos I used;

And Sootch00's video:

I think I liked Sootch00's video a little more but watching both helped.

The only tools I used were needle nose pliers, flat head screw driver, a regular hammer, blue painters tape to protect the lower from scratches, an allen wrench and a set of hole punches. The only tools I didn't have were the punches which I purchased for $9 ftom Harbor Freight.

The 2 videos I used;

And Sootch00's video:

The only tools I used were needle nose pliers, flat head screw driver, a regular hammer, blue painters tape to protect the lower from scratches, an allen wrench and a set of hole punches. The only tools I didn't have were the punches which I purchased for $9 ftom Harbor Freight.

thank you

The 2 videos I used;

And Sootch00's video:

Thank you

I really like my DD Omega hg. Two piece free floating rail. You don't even have to remove the delta ring assembly.

I think if you are going to spend DD type money you should first make the decision as to if that is something you want long term.. and if you want to keep the front sight long term..

. Got mine used for a little over $100-150

thats a great deal.. as long as that is what he wants... DD is top notch.. my point was not so much that there is anything wrong with DD.. my point was more that I ran a traditional rail for several years... but changed my mind once I got hands on some of the new slimmer lighter offering that are in the market now..