Samdjr74

What shops north Jersey carry a good selection of hand guns in stock?

Hi All,

I'm working on my next purchase and want to find out what shops in NJ carry in stock a good selection of hand guns, namely revolvers? As far as the area, let's narrow it down to the following counties

Sussex, Morris, Bergen and Passiac.

Thanks,

Sam

RTSP in Randolph has the widest variety that I've seen. 

And a great used selection too (that's where I get in the most trouble)

True, they do have a nice selection, but I want to see as many revolver's as possible before buying.

Ramsey Outdoor in Ramsey has a bunch of GP100's and several Smith's in stock. They also have the 9mm LCR and the funky little Taurus with the see-thru side plate. They have some used stuff as well.

Meltzer's in Garfield has(d) a 5" Smith 3/5/7 and some others.

C

Ramsey Outdoor in Ramsey has a bunch of GP100's and several Smith's in stock. They also have the 9mm LCR and the funky little Taurus with the see-thru side plate. They have some used stuff as well.Meltzer's in Garfield has(d) a 5" Smith 3/5/7 and some others.C

I was just out Ramsey, they had plenty of long guns but not many revolver's, I might need to go back in a few weeks. I got my Ruger at Meltzers, lots of semi autos but limited revolver's.

Simon Peter Sport in Newton, has some. Oakridge Firearms is on this forum I believe he has some wheel guns.

I was planning on hitting Simon Peter this week, Oak ridge isn't too far away so I'll add that to my list as well.

Thanks

I'm lucky with Ramsey Outdoors.

They always seem to have what I want.

They always seem to have a decent inventory.

If not they will order.

The only thing I had to wait for was for a rifle a Sig 522 22LR which was a few years ago.

Going to test them today to see if they have a PPQ 22LR pistol.

Just bought the 9mm from them not long ago.

If your going to Simon peter there's also Andover hunt and fish... or yoj. Not sure the name they are using now. They recently expanded the store and have hand guns in stock and on display. They are just down the road from. Simon peter next to the exxon

If your going to Simon peter there's also Andover hunt and fish... or yoj. Not sure the name they are using now. They recently expanded the store and have hand guns in stock and on display. They are just down the road from. Simon peter next to the exxon

I went to Yoj years ago for archery equipment, I walked in, they had a few fishing poles and that was about it. But this was also about 5 years ago. I always had great luck with archery gear from Stokes Forest sports shop but I never noticed what they had in firearms

I'm lucky with Ramsey Outdoors.

They always seem to have what I want.

They always seem to have a decent inventory.

If not they will order.

The only thing I had to wait for was for a rifle a Sig 522 22LR which was a few years ago.

Going to test them today to see if they have a PPQ 22LR pistol.

Just bought the 9mm from them not long ago.

Which Ramsey do you find better, then one on 17 or the one on 10?

Which Ramsey do you find better, then one on 17 or the one on 10?

I've never been to the Bergen county location myself. Succasunna is usually pretty good. Ask For Big Mike at the gun counter, he's a good fella lol...

Haven't stopped into Andover Hunt and Fish yet, but I've heard they have a good gun inventory since their expansion. Last time I dealt with them was over a Decade ago when they were down on the other side of 206 from where they are now as YOJ sport. I've just always been loyal to Rich and Tommy at Simon Peter. They've always treated me like family there. I also love RTSP, it's hard for me to decide who to give my money to between those two places, that's how much I like both.

I've never been to the Bergen county location myself. Succasunna is usually pretty good. Ask For Big Mike at the gun counter, he's a good fella lol... Haven't stopped into Andover Hunt and Fish yet, but I've heard they have a good gun inventory since their expansion. Last time I dealt with them was over a Decade ago when they were down on the other side of 206 from where they are now as YOJ sport. I've just always been loyal to Rich and Tommy at Simon Peter. They've always treated me like family there. I also love RTSP, it's hard for me to decide who to give my money to between those two places, that's how much I like both.

Ok, I haven't been to the one on 10 since in a few years. When I used to live in Hopatcong they were great for arrows and tips but then again I wasn't looking at guns at the time. I might have to check them out tomorrow.

I just picked up a nice used S&W 67 at Hackettstown Guns & Ammo. Walt & Larry are great people to deal with and they have a decent selection of revolvers. Saw a Ruger Match Champion for $725, lowest price I've seen around. Is there and exact make/model you were looking for? I'd give them a call (908) 852-5260 Office

I just picked up a nice used S&W 67 at Hackettstown Guns & Ammo. Walt & Larry are great people to deal with and they have a decent selection of revolvers. Saw a Ruger Match Champion for $725, lowest price I've seen around. Is there and exact make/model you were looking for? I'd give them a call (908) 852-5260 Office

Actually I got my eye on 3 different guns right now, what ever I find first once I get my P2P is what I jump on.

I'm looking for a new Taurus Tracker 990, a Ruger Mark III hunter with the target grips and finally a late model H&R sportsman 999

I just picked up a nice used S&W 67 at Hackettstown Guns & Ammo. Walt & Larry are great people to deal with and they have a decent selection of revolvers. Saw a Ruger Match Champion for $725, lowest price I've seen around. Is there and exact make/model you were looking for? I'd give them a call (908) 852-5260 Office

+1 for Hackettstown g&a Walt is a good guy, Larry used to be a cop in my town till he retired a couple years ago, (Hopatcong). I've known him most of my life, great people.

+1 for Hackettstown g&a Walt is a good guy, Larry used to be a cop in my town till he retired a couple years ago, (Hopatcong). I've known him most of my life, great people.

Where in Hopatcong are you? I used to live on Maxim across from St. Jude's

For a large selection, Ottomanelli's is hard to beat. Little pricey, but a good selection.

Woodland Park, next door to GFH range.

Thanks, and they are close to me!

I've noticed a lot of the local shops are pricey compared to the online stores but I think once you add in shipping, FFL fees, etc the prices are probably close.

Thanks, and they are close to me!

I've noticed a lot of the local shops are pricey compared to the online stores but I think once you add in shipping, FFL fees, etc the prices are probably close.

They had a couple gp100s and a bunch of smiths.

I went to Yoj years ago for archery equipment, I walked in, they had a few fishing poles and that was about it. But this was also about 5 years ago. I always had great luck with archery gear from Stokes Forest sports shop but I never noticed what they had in firearms

Yea yoj has probably changed hands 2 times in the last 7 years. The last owner didn't do much but he had good pricing on what I was looking for at the time