Golf battery

How to turn off seat belt minder ford 2013 king ranch.

How the hell do i turn this off. So. Its a 2013 ford king ranch 250. I have the all digital screen and all digital instrument cluster. It never bothered me before but i decided to mess around with the my key limiter key now whenever i go over 5 mph it turns off the audio until i plug in the seatbelt. Ok safety. Blah blah blah. But. I plow with this and theres nothing more annoying then having your seatbelt pugged in for hours in a parking lot. I cant go through a winter plowing with this thing keep turning my radio off. H e l p. i searched the internet with no luck.

I plug the seat belt in then get in afterwards and leave it behind me in the seat..  

sucks plowing with the belt on/ i do put it back on before leaving lot also gives me a chance to clear snow off lights and windows before leaving the lots..

VID pushing a little snow we piled up that day, pulled out a few stuck plows and one trooper on the highway hell of a snow storm for south jersey. this is on LBI..

http://vid127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/tony315/009-1.mp4

most likely if you cant do it with the dash or navi, you can't. Someone with a high level scanner or a ford scanner might be able to do something for you, but because it is considered a safety item it might not be something you can stop. not something easy to disable for anyone, even the noise comes right from the computer module itself or it command it to go thru the radio. look in owners manual. And as for jumping wires at the seat belt not a good idea. if you pick the wrong wires you may fry the airbag computer or pop off the charge in the seat belt pre tensioner. Which goes off with the speed of an airbag to pull down and tighten against you. For everyone out there, "jumping" anything in todays cars is a really bad and possibly dangerous idea. I know joke is a joke, but getting hit with something like that isn't funny.

How the hell do i turn this off. So. Its a 2013 ford king ranch 250. I have the all digital screen and all digital instrument cluster. It never bothered me before but i decided to mess around with the my key limiter key now whenever i go over 5 mph it turns off the audio until i plug in the seatbelt. Ok safety. Blah blah blah. But. I plow with this and theres nothing more annoying then having your seatbelt pugged in for hours in a parking lot. I cant go through a winter plowing with this thing keep turning my radio off. H e l p. i searched the internet with no luck.

if that works the same as the mustangs, you need the master key to re-program the key you limited.

"theres nothing more annoying then having your seatbelt pugged in for hours in a parking lot"

How about laying in a hospital bed for weeks? I think that would be slightly more annoying.

Wear the damn seatbelt.

How fast do you think people go when they plow a parking lot? 

OP, I'd check on a NH forum.  They get an ass ton of snow up there....and there is no seatbelt law(over 18) in that state.  Someone up there probably found a way to bypass it.

check the owners manual my ford has a procedure of buckling and unbuckling the belt 9 times that disables the alarm, and as far as muting the radio thats a ford Mykey function that can be programed for each key.  Pretty sure you need to use the admin mykey to disable once its enabled.  I've done both of these to my fords, 2 escapes, 1 edge and a 500. good luck.

I know of some people who hated the seat belt beeps or what not in so of their trucks because like you they were frequently getting out. What most of them did was they either bought a seat belt off eBay or what not or went to junk yard and removed one. The left some of the belt on, this way when they used that to shut up the beeping when it came time to take it out they had some of the belt to help pull it out.

No one worth their weight is going to disable a safety alarm/feature on a vehicle.... Too much liability

I would do what Tony does if you don't want to wear it...

Sent from my iPhone

from what i gathered from the op, he set that himself....even if by accident. fords have a system called mykey. it lets you program certain things through the key itself. such as this. they can only be undone with the master.....or admin key

Ok thanks for the replys. Im tired now so. Ilt cap i know you know vehicles Ill pm you You guys that do snow i know you know what im talking about and emphasize with me. The ones that say wear it you wanna die. Well you got no idea and i dont need any liberals to tell me how to run my life. Ive been here for 45 and i havent died and havent accidentally killed anyone so thank you for your concern

Ill respond fully tomorrow. ✌️Ohyeah this is a gun forum. With this thread title called. Ready. General discussion. That covers radiator hose to panty hose. Get it. Thanks im going to look up what you posted. Maybe it will help.

You somehow activated mykey. Read your owners manual and disable the mykey function completely. It's there as a parental control and you can also limit the speed and volume and such. You will probably need the other key.

I know you're plowing so I'm not hating on you. But I absolutely despise when people go out of their way to not wear a seat belt on their daily commute. It isn't difficult or cumbersome to be a responsible adult. Throwing yourself through a windshield affects a lot more people than you think.

Yes i got the correct my key key. But now it does this seat belt thing that it never did before. Even in the manual for the truck it says it cant be disabled. But it was before the other night i decided to f with it it didnt do this. What a pain i t ass. Does yours do this.

I drive an '09 and I mess around with Fords at work. Is mykey activated? You usually get a message on the dash.

What dealer did you buy it from? The service department may be nice enough to just deactivate it quickly. Just don't show up within an hour of opening or around 5pm and they shouldn't be too busy.

Also, wrapping the seat belt behind the seat and clicking it in works if you don't have an extended cab.

Yes i got the correct my key key. But now it does this seat belt thing that it never did before. Even in the manual for the truck it says it cant be disabled. But it was before the other night i decided to f with it it didnt do this. What a pain i t ass. Does yours do this.

did you try the other key? if it's the mykey feature activated, and you only programmed one of them.....one should work normally, the other should be restricted. that all said.........

Clear MyKey™

With Base Message Center

1. NOTE:This procedure is used to clear the MyKey™ feature on all of the keys that are programmed to the vehicle. All of the keys then operate as normal (admin) keys with no restrictions.

Insert an admin key into the ignition and turn the key to the RUN position.
  1. Press SETUP until PRESS RESET TO CLEAR MYKEY is displayed.
  1. Press and release the RESET button until HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM CLEAR is displayed.
  1. Press and hold the RESET button until ALL MYKEYS CLEARED is displayed.
    • A MyKey™ can also be cleared during the same key cycle that it was programmed by following Steps 2, 3 and 4 of this procedure.

With Optional Message Center

1. NOTE:This procedure is used to clear the MyKey™ feature on all of the keys that are programmed to the vehicle. All of the keys then operate as normal (admin) keys with no restrictions.

Insert an admin key into the ignition and turn the key to the RUN position.
  1. From the message center main menu, use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Settings. Press the OK button.
  1. Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select MyKey. Press the OK button.
  1. Use the up and down arrow buttons to scroll to and select Clear MyKeys. Press the OK button.

Using MyKey™ with Aftermarket Remote Start System

Program Remote Start System as a MyKey™

1. Enter the vehicle and close all doors.
  1. Remote start the vehicle using a remote start fob.
  1. Follow Steps 1-6 of the Program a MyKey™ procedure in this section.

Clear MyKey™ with the Remote Start System

NOTE:It is possible to program all of the keys as MyKeys™, with the remote start system being the only admin key. This procedure clears MyKey™ in the event of the aftermarket remote start system being programmed as the only admin key.

1. Enter the vehicle and close all doors.
  1. Remote start the vehicle using the remote start fob.
  1. Follow Steps 1-4 of the Clear MyKey™ procedure in this section.