Golf battery

Ak underfolder

You can get the original front handles from the carved wood or you can put on a rail system or some hogue grips that have the rails on the bottom for relative cheapness. However with a grip on the front you may draw attention. It isn't illegal as it's still registered as a rifle but if people think its a pistol (which i think all are illegal in NJ because of weight/shroud) and a front handle on a pistol is a no go in any state of the union far as i know, you may run into people giving you crap about or at least trying to...

HOLY CRAP. There are literally 10 posts in this thread about "not doing it because it LOOKS illegal". TECHNICALLY? AKs and ARs "look illegal" to begin with; we just have to do the NJ-legalization dance to make them legal. They still "look illegal".

Its fucking legal. Let it go.

wow.... so is an FEG AMD 65 with stock removed legal... cuz that would look really cool as it already has an inherent vertical grip...

another... 

since OP will be removing stock from this rifle, Can a sling be attached to the rear or anywhere on the rifle, acting as such to pull forward to assimilate a stock...

ultimately attempting to line up the sights ... instead of shooting it from the hip..

what ya'll think.... 

wow.... so is an FEG AMD 65 with stock removed legal... cuz that would look really cool as it already has an inherent vertical grip...

I think the idea of taking the stock off an under folder is silly, but that's just my opinion - to each their own.

since OP will be removing stock from this rifle, Can a sling be attached to the rear or anywhere on the rifle, acting as such to pull forward to assimilate a stock...

ultimately attempting to line up the sights ... instead of shooting it from the hip..

what ya'll think....

This is a very viable TTP that was put to good use by UK SAS and US NSW folks, especially with sub guns with collapsed or folding stocks. It also works very well when shooting supine even with a stock extended.

I'm not sure how well this will work as a full time solution with a full rifle caliber. It certainly isn't as good as a real stock regardless of caliber.

Love this thread, was able to source a FEG fixed rear trunnion for a 63d that will be built as a fixed stock kit but its consecutive matching kit brother will remain an under fold. With a standard slant brake it would be cutting it pretty close to that 26inch OAL folded but with a quick weld it will be fixed as well and i guess just fun to have since those metal underfolders arnt the most comfortable.

The traditional under fold mechanism does have a sling loop built into it i  could see just pulling the stock off a fixed rear trunnion requiring some type of riggin up

akbg1.jpg

this guy used a mesa tactical 870 sling mount. drilled and thru the receiver.. you can also route a channel into your existing wood stock so it can fit with the mount in place