big five

1st AR build. . SPR

White oak, douglas, Bartlein all make good spr barrels. Stick with 18" lengteh in a 7 twist. You'll have no problem stabilizing 77 gr pills.

Have you had any experience with X-Caliber barrels?  By the same guy that used to make McGowen.

I have one on order and will be interested to see how it works out.  They're SS, button rifles and hand lapped.

Have you had any experience with X-Caliber barrels?  By the same guy that used to make McGowen.

I have one on order and will be interested to see how it works out.  They're SS, button rifles and hand lapped.

I do not, but from what I read, seems to be okay. I've played with the above mentioned and others as well, such as noveske, daniel defense, ballistic advantage, dpms. The dpms mk12 barrel was quite impressive at its price point.

OP...build yourself an SPR..get a 1/8 18" barrel which should throw most bullets fine..get a decent optic so you dont have to squint...and enjoy shooting it till it aint fun anymore..dont overthink it

Makes sence. I don't want a barrel twist will not allow me to shoot 55g.. 77g isn't as easy or cheap to find

What is that

Designated Marksman Rifle.

Just to be clear, An Mk-12 SPR is one example of a DMR.  DMR indicates the role of the rifle rather than the technical specs.  Tricked out M-14s have been used as DMRs

If you intend to shoot 55gr pills exclusively, you would do well to select a barrel with a twist rate that will give you optimal performance. 

Instead of trying to explain this, just follow the link and all of your questions will be answered.... Probably.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/ammo/pair-barrel-twist-rates-ammo/

White oak, douglas, Bartlein all make good spr barrels. Stick with 18" length in a 7 twist. You'll have no problem stabilizing 77 gr pills.

best answer, imo. ive used all 3 brands in 7 and 8 twist. both twist rates stabilize anything from 55 to 77gr well.

WOA might be the best bang for your buck. the spr profile has a wylde chamber so you can shoot 223 or 556. also, it is the correct contour with the corrct machined lip for an ops inc suppressor(which we cant use). Oh, its very accurate too.

im kn my second WOA spr barrel. theyre made from Wilson blanks. lots of value there.

Eric