Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

M1A Socom

I saw that RTSP has an M1A Socom on their website.  I've always wanted one without the rail system because of the weight.  I've never fired one, anyone have experience?  Is it worth the dough?  

Thanks.

16" 308...what a wonderful ninja way to blow unburned powder out the barrel and ruin a perfectly good cartridge.

I'll make sure to let the Mk 17, or all the other shortish .308 guns out there. Admittedly powder choice makes a difference, but you already know that.

That is however no excuse for buying an M1A. For me the only interesting thing about is that it is pretty in its full length, wood stock default config.  The SOCOM/Scout are like putting plastic furniture on Kentucky rifle.

I'll make sure to let the Mk 17, or all the other shortish .308 guns out there. Admittedly powder choice makes a difference, but you already know that.

That is however no excuse for buying an M1A. For me the only interesting thing about is that it is pretty in its full length, wood stock default config.  The SOCOM/Scout are like putting plastic furniture on Kentucky rifle.

Vlad, Just think of all the implications.

If in fact the OP handloads (I don't know if he does)

Faster powder to burn in 16"

Higher gas impulse on the op rod.

Maybe better off just throwing a flame.

Yep M-14's are pretty.  I just don't want to carry one at my advanced years.  :nyam:

Sorry Rob, forgot the OP was you.

I'm sure with some care a 16" can be loaded efficiently.

NP, I'm going to pass on it probably get a more traditional m1.