Back on target

2 y/o accidentally shoots mom at walmart

Why can I see this instance now being used as the "poster child" for the Effing Smart gun!!! Some people just don't think and pay the ultimate price unfortunately. Horrible story...

It looks bad and draws negative attention to all gun owners, it's sad but it was an accident.

Just another reason why you should carry a gun on your person not in your purse, backpack, etc...  I wonder how many times a woman gets her purse snatched only to now have the offender in possession of a free gun?  What about the woman that just leave their purses laying around when visiting others.  

Shhhhh! Don't tell the anti's that or they will harp on how carrying firearms puts everyone at risk, etc.

Accident doesn't sound as bad...

Why lie about it?  It wasn't an accident, so to lie about it only makes the firearms community look worse.  Instead it's a much better idea to stand up and call it what it is, and emphasize that the actions of one do not represent the actions of many.

Why lie about it?  It wasn't an accident, so to lie about it only makes the firearms community look worse.  Instead it's a much better idea to stand up and call it what it is, and emphasize that the actions of one do not represent the actions of many.

And the anti's will respond with "this is why guns are bad" and "nobody should carry a gun" BS

“They are painting Veronica as irresponsible, and that is not the case,” he said. “… I brought my son up around guns, and he has extensive experience shooting it. And Veronica had had hand gun classes; they’re both licensed to carry, and this wasn’t just some purse she had thrown her gun into.”

Irresponsible? no, a tragic accident? yes. No way that 2 year old did this intentionally.

At least with him being so young he probably won't remember the actual incident but the aftermath will certainly haunt him

Hopefully he grows up normal, one of those times you wish that device from the Men In Black movies actually exists, and Tommy Lee Jones can flash the kids memory.

it was NOT an accident! she was fucking negligent, irresponsible, and careless. THAT is why she is dead. i don't care if i sound like an asshole or not. had she acted more responsibly, she would be alive, and her two year old son would not be traumatized. and the antis wouldn't have more ammo......

“They are painting Veronica as irresponsible, and that is not the case,” he said. “… I brought my son up around guns, and he has extensive experience shooting it. And Veronica had had hand gun classes; they’re both licensed to carry, and this wasn’t just some purse she had thrown her gun into.”

Irresponsible? no, a tragic accident? yes. No way that 2 year old did this intentionally.

yea, it was irresponsible. in a zippered compartment? really? it was loaded and not in her control. if it's loaded it should have been in her control. if it wasn't in her control, then it should've been unloaded. she was negligent and irresponsible to leave it as she did.

i still really feel badly for the kid.....he's gonna be scared for life.

yea, it was irresponsible. in a zippered compartment? really? it was loaded and not in her control. if it's loaded it should have been in her control. if it wasn't in her control, then it should've been unloaded. she was negligent and irresponsible to leave it as she did.

i still really feel badly for the kid.....he's gonna be scared for life.

Yea...

But the anti's are already having a field day and using this as yet another example of why gun ownership is way too dangerous. This was an isolated incident.

That kid is going to be scared, might even be anti gun when he grows up, who knows.

Happy New Years 1LtCAP :D

Yea...

But the anti's are already having a field day and using this as yet another example of why gun ownership is way too dangerous. This was an isolated incident.

That kid is going to be scared, might even be anti gun when he grows up, who knows.

Happy New Years 1LtCAP :D

happy new year dude!!

yea, i know they're gonna be all over it. that's why we need to do what you just said, and someone said upthread.....make sure that everyone knows it's an isolated incident. but we can't lie to ourselves, or anyone else about what it really was though.........

happy new year dude!!

yea, i know they're gonna be all over it. that's why we need to do what you just said, and someone said upthread.....make sure that everyone knows it's an isolated incident. but we can't lie to ourselves, or anyone else about what it really was though.........

Thanks!! Let's hope this year works well for us gun owners :)

If anything this shows why carrying off body (in a bag) is never a good idea, better to always carry on-body.

Some women carry guns in purses. That's just the way it is. I don't like it, but I do believe it is better than not carrying. She was carrying in a purse specifically designed for carrying a gun. You know what? You've been lied to. Not every single accidental firearm injury or death is negligent. Just like not every single other type of accident is negligent. There are things in life you can't reasonably foresee, or can't be expected to keep your guard up for 100% of the time.

I carry in a [REDACTED] bag when I got to hospitals and lock it up if I have to get nekkid for tests. No, it's not frequent, I'm not sick and dying, sorry to get your hopes up :) But I just don't want to deal with the gun play in the hospital because I'm going to have to take it off anyway. Doctor's office can kiss my ass since there is no reason for me to take it off, even if I take my pants off. And I always take my pants off.

As for the Antis, if it is your dire concern that you are going to be judged by the worst example out of 100 million gun owners, then just turn in your guns now and get it over with. You can't find 100 million people from any group that would meet your standards.

God Bless this poor woman, her baby, and her husband.

Edited by Krdshrk
Inappropriate language

Some women carry guns in purses. That's just the way it is. I don't like it, but I do believe it is better than not carrying. She was carrying in a purse specifically designed for carrying a gun. You know what? You've been lied to. Not every single accidental firearm injury or death is negligent. Just like not every single other type of accident is negligent. There are things in life you can't reasonably foresee, or can't be expected to keep your guard up for 100% of the time.

I carry in a [REDACTED] bag when I got to hospitals and lock it up if I have to get nekkid for tests. No, it's not frequent, I'm not sick and dying, sorry to get your hopes up :) But I just don't want to deal with the gun play in the hospital because I'm going to have to take it off anyway. Doctor's office can kiss my ass since there is no reason for me to take it off, even if I take my pants off. And I always take my pants off.

As for the Antis, if it is your dire concern that you are going to be judged by the worst example out of 100 million gun owners, then just turn in your guns now and get it over with. You can't find 100 million people from any group that would meet your standards.

God Bless this poor woman, her baby, and her husband.

Mipa, I bet the family sues the maker of the bag...seems with most firearm related tragedies a decent payout goes a long way to heal wounds.