DevsAdvocate

Fun review of the Sig P320

I won't lie, this gun looks awesome, and from what I felt when playing with it, it's trigger is probably the best in the striker fired market.  The modular system is awesome as I can go from full size, to compact to subcompact on one s/n.  If I like how it shoots, you may end up seeing all my Glocks and equipment up for sale here shortly... :)

They're coming out with .357SIG and .45ACP this year too.  

The modular system is awesome as I can go from full size, to compact to subcompact on one s/n.  

That is assuming that Sig comes through with the components necessary to do the change-outs. Buy the gun because you like it as you bought it - not with the thought that you can change it into dozens of different configurations. That way you'll be happy with what you have - not what you thought you could have.

Sig doomed the P250 to obscurity because of their failure to release all the components within a reasonable time frame. People bought them with the expectation - as you stated - of being able to go from sub-compact to full size with the same fire control mechanism and s/n. When Sig dragged their feet getting the interchangeable components to market, people lost interest.

The P250 and now the P320 should have been rolled out like the Dan Wesson revolvers of the 70's and 80's. Buy one gun and then buy other components piecemeal or buy the Pistol Pac with a number of different configurations built on one base gun.

Sig's marketing leaves much to be desired.

Adios,

Pizza Bob 

Pizza Bob is exactly correct. I bought the 250 full size thinking I would swap out all these different configurations, but not so. When you could FIND an x-change kit they would be way over priced.

I love my Sig, just not happy with the way things turned out with it.

Bah, I tried the P320 and the VP9 and thought the HK had a much better trigger and better fit. Go for the Veep.... Screw the kits. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I liked the new Sig. I live 5 miles from their pro shop in Epping, and handled it a few times. More recently I got the chance to shoot it. It was nice, but not anything to get hyped up about. You can't believe the Sig flavored koolaid everyone up here drinks. To Sig's credit though, they do host a lot of shooting events at their academy. I tried the HK VP9 too, and liked it more than the Sig, but the difference between it and my Glock 34 wasn't enough to warrant the change (imagine me not jumping on the next new thing

That is assuming that Sig comes through with the components necessary to do the change-outs. Buy the gun because you like it as you bought it - not with the thought that you can change it into dozens of different configurations. That way you'll be happy with what you have - not what you thought you could have.

Sig doomed the P250 to obscurity because of their failure to release all the components within a reasonable time frame. People bought them with the expectation - as you stated - of being able to go from sub-compact to full size with the same fire control mechanism and s/n. When Sig dragged their feet getting the interchangeable components to market, people lost interest.

The P250 and now the P320 should have been rolled out like the Dan Wesson revolvers of the 70's and 80's. Buy one gun and then buy other components piecemeal or buy the Pistol Pac with a number of different configurations built on one base gun.

Sig's marketing leaves much to be desired.

Adios,

Pizza Bob 

Not worried at all.  Parts are already available from Sig, just call and order.  Folks on Reddit have already been doing it.

The P250 was okay, but it never had any legs.  It was the worst of both worlds not being DA/SA or striker.  The P250 didn't "fail" because parts weren't available.  It failed for two main reasons:

1.  Poor reliability initially - the 1st Gen variants had issues... and as we know with gun buyers, this could sink any new gun design

2.  Trigger as I mentioned above.

3.  Lack of LEO sales (due to #1 most likely)

Sig just pulled the plug on the 250 and rolled out the 320.  In their mind, the 250 was Window Vista and the 320 is Windows 7.  Sometimes you build off failure for success.

Bah, I tried the P320 and the VP9 and thought the HK had a much better trigger and better fit. Go for the Veep.... Screw the kits. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really?  I had the opposite feeling.  The VP9 seems "cheap" to me.

Still waiting on the Beretta Nano .40 cal conversion frame/slide :)

If you are referring to the fit in your hand, might be you never had the option of playing with the 9 panel combos. A fit for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not worried at all.  Parts are already available from Sig, just call and order.

The P250 was okay, but it never had any legs.  It was the worst of both worlds not being DA/SA or striker.  The P250 didn't "fail" because parts weren't available.

You could "order" P250 parts too. There were no big problems with the P250 other than lack of promised interchangeable components. It was a DAO with one of the best (albeit long) DAO triggers out there. Sig didn't come through with the parts to make the concept a reality, while they marketed the concept. Trust me, I had the inside track on that one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You could "order" P250 parts too. There were no big problems with the P250 other than lack of promised interchangeable components. It was a DAO with one of the best (albeit long) DAO triggers out there. Sig didn't come through with the parts to make the concept a reality, while they marketed the concept. Trust me, I had the inside track on that one.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Right.  But I think the 320 is different from the 250... the 250 had a nice trigger for a DAO, but the question is: "Why?".  No PD, LEO, or MIL was ever gonna buy one for their use.  Civilians would rather have DA/SA or Striker, it was an oddball.  

I think Sig just pulled the plug on it and went full striker, hence the loss of support.  Kinda like the Remington R51.  There ain't no fixing that kind of broken.

Right.  But I think the 320 is different from the 250... the 250 had a nice trigger for a DAO, but the question is: "Why?".  No PD, LEO, or MIL was ever gonna buy one for their use.  Civilians would rather have DA/SA or Striker, it was an oddball.  

I think Sig just pulled the plug on it and went full striker, hence the loss of support.  Kinda like the Remington R51.  There ain't no fixing that kind of broken.

Law enforcement embraced DAO. The NYPD had P series Sig's that were DAO. You talk as if the P250 is no longer made. It is still a large presence in their product mix. There is absolutely no comparison with the R51, which was defective product and was withdrawn from the market (to be reintroduced at the SHOT show this month).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I too purchased the P250 with the intention of later sourcing all the parts necessary to transform the gun into everything from a sub compact to a full size...perhaps converting to another caliber only to realize that the parts were not forthcoming,prohibitively expensive when available to the point it was almost worth it just to buy another gun. I could never get used to the long trigger and mine was ammo sensitive so FTE's were not unknown to the gun.

The P320 is what the P250 should have been but I remain wary that Sig will fully support this firearm if no lucrative government contract appears.

Personally I would stick to the Glock, already proven,parts are readily available and inexpensive and they support their platforms.

...that being said I would like to at least fire one...

I think the 320 will have some legs to it, unlike the 250.  I know folks here bough the 250 and liked it, but it was never going to go anywhere.  It was an oddball and it made sense for Sig to pull the plug on it.  No LEO agency wanted it, no MIL, no one.  

I have the p320, i love this gun. It cycles any type ammo, never FTF or FTE and the trigger is better than that on my modified glocks. I am not interested in other calibers, but it is nice to know that the modular design makes that possible. A keeper.