Lspooner

Can anyone suggest a NJ Compliant AK Variant?

online most ak variants will have bayo lugs and basically no one welds the brakes. The Arsenal is one exception and this is one more: http://www.jgsales.com/romanian-wasr10-ak-style-rifle,-7.62x39,-wood-stock,-muzzle-nut.-p-1055.html

WASR's are good entry level AK's and the Arsenal is high end. As og said, NJ dealers carry some and usually have WASR's, NPAPs (usually single stack), and C39's (milled no rail). My preference is something with a stamped receiver, side rail, and double stack.

these are nice and mid range but will need bayo lug shaves and brake welded:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/polish-ak47-7-62x39mm-rifle-wood-detail.html?Itemid=0

Century has a stamped US made AK coming out this year - the RAS47. DDI is also starting to put out nice stuff from the waffen works equipment.

It would help to narrow down what you are looking for - stamped/milled, wood/synthetic, rail mount, etc.

I Stock the following:

Century Arms Centurion C-39's with milled receivers

and

Serbian (Yugo) N-Pap / M70's (Both Single & Double Stack)

I can also order in a WASR if you insist, but the M70 is a better built rifle.

PM or call if you'd like more info.

Good Luck & Happy new Year!

JT

Follow on question if the OP doesn't mind:

What is the best quality AK that is NJ legal right now?

Is a WASR better than a PAP? Is a Yugo better than a Serbian built? Is converting a Saiga better than buying an M70? Is Century better than an Arsenal?

You guys than sell and use them regularly, what would you get yourself?

If you want cheap and reliable, just to try out the platform get a wasr. If you want a step above get the N-Pap, best bang for your money is a Bulgaria made AK second best would be an arsenal quality wise. Both can be pricey. I like my wasrs and used a gen 2 century and the action was smooth, very arsenal smooth. These American made ak's are stepping g it up!

If you have the money get the arsenal or source all surplus the parts and build a Saiga.

the Npap stock slap to the face issue would be a no go for me and the century all US builds are Yeager approved and supposed to be good but they look ugly. That comp on the end of them is hideous.

If you have the money get the arsenal or source all surplus the parts and build a Saiga.

the Npap stock slap to the face issue would be a no go for me and the century all US builds are Yeager approved and supposed to be good but they look ugly. That comp on the end of them is hideous.

Carl post that picture of yours.

I have a Zastava N-PAP M70, NJ compliant, which means the magazine is a 10 round single-stack, if you can live with that. Great rifle, used it in a 2 gun shoot in Old Bridge, lots of fun. Around $650 in Gunbroker

I highly agree with the gentleman above me, my esteemed colleague with the single-stack Zastava PAP 7.62x39mm rifle.

Awesome rifle, pretty much the definition of a survival rifle, zombie rifle, ranch or truck rifle, etc.  As an all-around defensive rifle, it is superb.

I got mine in early summer 2010 i believe, right after they arrived with the polymer thumbhole furniture.  I was expecting the beautiful teak wood thumbhole and forend, but I got polymer and CMO sort of shrugged their shoulders, like, this is what was in the box when we opened them, this is what you're getting.

Anyway I gave one to my Dad for his 60th bday in 2010 and he really likes it, while he isn't much of a gun guy admittedly (he was a cop who considered his gun merely a tool, he had gun guys working for him but he was never much of a gun guy nor certainly not an enthusiast like me) but he really likes it.

Further if you look on classicfirearms.com you can get them (the single stack PAPs with either polymer or wood and pistol-grip etc.) with 12 free mags for like $500-600 bucks... that is huge huge huge.

I have a WASR, I want a Century. I also will have one permit left in about two months to use and I want an ARpistol, I see a road trip down to JT in my future. May as well kill two birds if I'm going down the shore. Now I just have to choose a century furniture color.

who dares me to get the pink one?:lol:

This says me all over it....

d7e057bd15f1fdfbbcc6657b52b93c86.jpg