wink-_-wink

Buying Ammo online

So i was online looking for ammo when I found this site.  The prices were decent and when I went to check out, i saw this :

* This purchase will automatically result in Ammo.net donating $1.60 - that's 1% of your shopping cart's current subtotal, excluding shipping costs - to the pro-2nd Amendment or pro-military organization of your choice upon successful checkout. You are not charged for this. Instead, we make this 1% donation on behalf of every order because we believe in supporting those who protect our freedoms. Learn more

I haven't bought ammo online before but I thought this was worth sharing.  I am not sure if this is normal for online sales but I found it pretty cool.  SAF is on there.  Here is a link to their "donations" page explaining why they do this (http://ammo.net/donations).  Not sure if there are any NJ places on there to donate or if I can add it in but if so I will keep the donation in house.

Has anyone ordered from here before?

Try Freedom Munitions. They have free shipping for first time orders.

Prices seem to be quite high, as is the shipping.

I'm guessing that wasn't really the point of the post. The point is the site is donating a percentage of your purchase...

I think that's really great. Depending on price of course.

so that is a dollar difference? That doesnt seem terrible to me.  I mean sure a dollar is a dollar but from the shopping I did I didnt see a huge difference.  I wound up getting some .223 and some .22lr and it made a contributions to the SAF which you are right, was the point to the post.  I find that pretty respectable that they do this so I didnt mind paying that extra dollar :)

so that is a dollar difference? That doesnt seem terrible to me.  I mean sure a dollar is a dollar but from the shopping I did I didnt see a huge difference.  I wound up getting some .223 and some .22lr and it made a contributions to the SAF which you are right, was the point to the post.  I find that pretty respectable that they do this so I didnt mind paying that extra dollar :)

Exactly. I didn't finish my post like I meant to. $15 on there for same ammo as sportsmansguild.com has for $13.76. It's about the same with donation. IDK what shipping is...but I only buy ammo from SMG when I can get free shipping...or at least I try to or ordering other stuff. 

Don't forget Midway also does this... allows you to round up to the nearest dollar to donate to the NRA.

excellent, that is what I was looking for.  Other companies that give back to support us and our cause and our sport.  Thanks Candyman I actually enjoy dealing with Midway, they have fantastic customer service.  I bought pistol magazines from them that did not seat properly and the lady walked me through her version of trouble shooting and then got me a refund quickly and i sent them back. 

Yeah I do Amazon smile since a huge majority of weird things you can't find locally coke from there. I have it set to donate to the special operations warrior foundation. They do things like give scholarships to the children of fallen soldiers, and help those returning from combat. There's a list of charities online of military based charities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk