Howard

USPSA 1/18/15 @ RTSP registration open

Registered! I've been shooting IDPA, aside from more mags and mag carriers would I need anything else on top of IDPA gear? I'll be shooting my Glock 17

Thanks!

You should be good to go, just don't bring a fishing vest and don't be looking for barrels to hide behind :)

Just received an e-mail:

January 18 RTSP Match -- RE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED

RTSP has asked that registration for the January 18th USPSA match be redone.

The link was inadvertently opened-up a little early this week - before RTSP was able to publish it on their Facebook page - so they have asked me to remove the existing registration and recreate a new link.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the new link will be published on their Facebook page at 4:30pm today.  I will also send another e-mail at that time with the new link.

--------

There is also an announcement on RTSP Facebook page:

RTSP - Range, Firearms & Training

There have been A LOT of questions about the registration for the up coming USPSA match. We apologize that the link has not been made available - yet. There has been some confusion, but the official registration link will be posted here and go live at 6pm. A registration portal for the match was created over the weekend, this will be cancelled due to a misunderstanding and the fact that the link was not an official registration portal. We apologize for the confusion. We are straightening this out as we speak.

------------

It's strange and I don't really know what it means, but it seems that those who were late for registration several days ago might be able to jump into the boat today...

And the new link is live - http://shootnscoreit.com/ipsc/match/2669/

Registration for the January 18th USPSA match is now open! If this is your first match we will be holding a mandatory course on the 15th to help you better understand USPSA safety protocols, course of fire, and safety commands.

The funny thing is that the names on both lists are pretty much the same.

Apart from a few lucky guys that were on a waitlist before and now in the main list and from several unlucky ones that might end up being in a waitlist now, I don't see too much of a difference between those two lists, LOL

Hey guys I'm late to this thread but I'm on the wait list and that's not a problem.  However I've never shot USPSA before and would like to just watch the match as it happens, is that possible?

Sure not a problem, come watch and learn.

Space is very tight at the range. There may not be room inside the actual range to watch. You could watch thru the windows

We shoot from in front of the ports, there is plenty of space to stand behind the ports with the rest of the folks not currently shooting to watch.  Besides watching you can feel free to help tape targets between shooters :)

A couple things about tonight's match...

1.  The match is on, despite the weather.  The forecast is a bit sketchy, but the temp isn't supposed to drop below freezing until after midnight.  And we'll all be warm and dry indoors : )  Certainly a big advantage of an indoor match.

2.  Space is very tight at RTSP, which is why I limit registration capacity at about 30.  The space constraints also limit the number of spectators to just a handful who we can accommodate squeezing into the ranges without creating new challenges.  But spectators are always welcome to watch through the glass from outside the ranges.

On a final note, I know a lot of you are excited this match, and have done a great job at helping support and promote it.  But I'd like to ask that you please coordinate with me prior to making 'announcements' on behalf of the match and RTSP.  This will help keep us all on the same page, and minimize the need for future corrections and clarifications.

Thanks,

Not, but I sat in on the class Thursday where the MD told anyone not shooting that they were welcome to come watch.

Did you also stay at a Holiday Inn Express?

Do you really want to have people that never shot a match come to a match and help tape?  Sounds like a great way to cause reshoots and just screw things up in general.

Do you really want to have people that never shot a match come to a match and help tape?  Sounds like a great way to cause reshoots and just screw things up in general.

It doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to tape targets. Short of actually shooting, it's a great way to familiarize yourself with the game. There can never be too many tapers.

It doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to tape targets. Short of actually shooting, it's a great way to familiarize yourself with the game. There can never be too many tapers.

Until someone that does not know better gets excited and tapes before the target is scored.  Then its a reshoot.  And when the match starts at 6pm as it is, what time will it end? 

So it does take some intelligence. 

And there can be too many tapers, and they start talking and grab-assing.  How about instead of asking others to help tape, we just get the rest of the squad to stop bullshitting and actively tape?  Why is that so hard?

This place draws a lot of very new to this sport, shooters.  They start taping the first couple of shooters and then they are all bullshitting in the background while one or two people tape everything. 

This place draws a lot of very new to this sport, shooters.  They start taping the first couple of shooters and then they are all bullshitting in the background while one or two people tape everything.

Which is exactly why it's nice to have a large pool of tapers.

You certainly have a low opinion of your fellow shooters and potential shooters.

Which is why it's nice to have large pool of tapers.

You certainly have a low opinion of your fellow shooters and potential shooters.

No, only the registered match participants that would rather talk than tape.

This is a shooting sport, some of us are pretty serious about it.  The people that want to spend more time talking than shooting should probably look at IDPA. 

And being that it is a shooting sport, with a danger level if someone gets distracted, why on earth would you want a bunch of people that are not involved in the match, walking around getting involved in a match that they are not even shooting in?  That makes no sense at all. 

I am not sure where you shoot, but I doubt the Match Director there would want people not involved in the match to be walking around and touching targets. 

Wow, just wow! You manage to insult a whole other shooting sport in general and me specifically in one post. You can be serious about a sport without being overbearing and/or all consuming. You are the reason potential new shooters, the future lifeblood of the sport, are put-off. Nobody likes someone that is so intense they ruin the fun for other shooters. Not everyone is a Max Michel or Jerry Miculek, nor do they aspire to be. Lighten-up - you want to be serious, be serious, but don't impose your attitude on everyone.

The match directors where I shoot are generally glad to have any additional help they can muster. 

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wow, just wow! You manage to insult a whole other shooting sport in general and me specifically in one post. You can be serious about a sport without being overbearing and/or all consuming. You are the reason potential new shooters, the future lifeblood of the sport, are put-off. Nobody likes someone that is so intense they ruin the fun for other shooters. Not everyone is a Max Michel or Jerry Miculek, nor do they aspire to be. Lighten-up - you want to be serious, be serious, but don't impose your attitude on everyone.

The match directors where I shoot are generally glad to have any additional help they can muster. 

Adios,

Pizza Bob

haha.  Impose my attitude?  My attitude is that people that are not shooting in the match should not be invited to come tape and touch targets by anyone other than a Match Director.  Why would you impose an attitude like that?  Especially in a place where someone could get hurt. 

While I am serious about this sport, I am do not consider keeping non-participants out of the shooting areas and away from stages and targets as overbearing.  If a new shooter is put off because he is not allowed to walk up and touch targets, he really needs to reconsider this sport.  Would that same shooter get mad if he goes to a baseball game and they won't let him walk out and touch home plate?  Would he stop watching baseball forever?  If so, why would you want to give someone that stupid a weapon?

It appears you do not see how irresponsible your attitude is.  Maybe you should step back and think about it.

Until someone that does not know better gets excited and tapes before the target is scored. 

So it does take some intelligence. 

Some, but not much.  I'd put it pretty much about the same level as drawing breath and being able to manipulate your fingers in a peeling and sticking motion.  it helps if they can differentiate between what is an actual hole verses a flat paper surface, but with some training, I think that can be taught.

Maybe you should step back and think about it.

I don't know your age or experience, but I'd wager that I have been shooting and competing, in one discipline or another, longer than you have been on this earth. I have been a match director and a regional director for a sanctioning body, and it is elitist snobs like you that have been and will be the ruination of any sport in which they participate. I know and have competed with many shooters who excel at both the local and national level, who manage to take the sport seriously without being devisive and exclusionary of those showing an interest and willing to foster that interest by participating by helping out. If extra people helping out poses a danger, then the MD isn't doing their job. Your lack of tolerance in a sport in which the large majority of shooters are open to anything that increases their ranks, is appalling.

I'm done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob