Howard

USPSA 1/18/15 @ RTSP registration open

I don't know your age or experience, but I'd wager that I have been shooting and competing, in one discipline or another, longer than you have been on this earth. I have been a match director and a regional director for a sanctioning body, and it is elitist snobs like you that have been and will be the ruination of any sport in which they participate. I know and have competed with many shooters who excel at both the local and national level, who manage to take the sport seriously without being devisive and exclusionary of those showing an interest and willing to foster that interest by participating by helping out. If extra people helping out poses a danger, then the MD isn't doing their job. Your lack of tolerance in a sport in which the large majority of shooters are open to anything that increases their ranks, is appalling.

I'm done.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So you don't know my age but you  would wager that you have been shooting and competing for longer than I have been on this earth?   Well that would make you pretty damn old. I know a lot of you old guys start having issues with memory and reading comprehension, so I will type this slowly to help you comprehend, and put it in all caps because maybe the lower case letters are harder for you to see.

I HAVE STATED NUMEROUS TIMES THAT SOMEONE THAT IS NOT REGISTERED AND PARTICIPATING IN A MATCH HAS NO PLACE TOUCHING TARGETS.

What exactly are you seeing when you read my posts?  How is it that someone like yourself, that has been shooting and competing for longer than I have been on this earth, cannot see that having a non-match participant touch targets and walk stages is a bad idea? 

And then you call me an elitist snob?  Haha.  Put your spectacles on and take a good look in the mirror old timer, then you may see what an elitist snob looks like.

You're entitled to your opinion about non participants taping ( if you think that is intellectual work that requires skill , I would hesitate to be around you in general when firearms are involved) , you' re entitled to express concern they may tape before scored .

It's the way you express your opinions and concerns that has me immediately not liking you as a new forum contributor.

Bob is a long standing ambassador to both shooting sports .  He is a gentleman and always shows respect towards others in the shooting community regardless of their shooting ability and experience.  He is well known and liked by most of the active posters on this forum.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your text skills are not necessarily indicative of your general disposition and attitude ( plenty here like that lol )  ..because I have yet to meet a truly rude person in the shooting sports. Maybe you're a rogue , maybe you're not .

Just try to be a bit more respectful to the established people here , please. You'll have a better experience for it.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob. I think hes just pulling your leg. I hope. Im having second thoughts about idpa or uspsa. I dont think im good enough to correctly tape targets. Is there an nra course for that. Taping first steps course ?

When the weather improves I'll start running IDPA intro courses again. Lessons on taping are included at no extra cost ;)

When the weather improves I'll start running IDPA intro courses again. Lessons on taping are included at no extra cost ;)

Thanks Stu, my wife will appreciate it as I always end up going home and have rows of masking tape still stuck on my shirt or pants and she always asks me why.  Guess I never passed intro to taping :)

The RTSP match is basically run just to get new shooters into the sport. It is 75%+ new shooters.  Not 1 or 2 new shooter per squad like normal...almost the whole squad hasn't drawn from a holster, shot on the move, ran with a gun. The MD and ROs have enough to worry about with these new shooters that adding people on the range that aren't shooting is going to make our jobs more difficult and slow down the match.  If the MD and ROs have asked to have only shooters on the range, then that is the way it is going to be..no discussion.

Charlie Mike attitude isn't preventing new shooters from joining in, his actions at the match are insuring new shooters at the match have a safe, fun match and return for the next one.  I understand his frustration when people that were not at the match as saying otherwise