1LtCAP

decided i wanted a cheaper source of heat

so i finally joined the nra. now, i'll wait for the boatloads of junk mail, and i'll burn it to heat the shop. :)

all sarcasm aside........i've been in the nj2as before, let that expire.....for reasons......then joined anjrcp.......now, finally in nra. did a 2 year membership. woohoo!! go me. yea baby!!

Good job, one thing to look out for when your membership is coming to a end, now I am not sure if this just happened to my dad or not, but when your membership comes to it's time to soon renew you will get your boatload of phone calls, if you renew it, for some reason you'll still get calls saying to renew it. So remember you did (that's if you did) my dad forgot because he is so busy and he did it again and found out he renewed it twice so his normal membership time was doubled lol. He didn't really care because he would if anyway he said but he thought it was dumb they kept calling saying its expiring and he should renew when he already did.

yea, she told me on the phone that i could opt out of the calls and mailings. if i get barraged with calls, i'll just blacklist the number. at home, it's irrelevent, as that phone exists solely for having a landline "just in case".

i did a 2 year membership for now. the lady was extremely nice on the phone, and was honestly a pleasure to chat with.

I did life a while back when they had the deals to upgrade cheap. It's nice to be able to participate in the votes.

You can select not to be contacted with mountains of junk mail from the ILA. Go to their website and it's in the member settings section.

It's not the mail that's so bad. It's the phone calls.  I gave an old phone number that's no longer in use.  6 months later got a phone call on my wife's cell phone.   I have no idea how they got that number.

I told them if they called again, I'd drop my membership and never send in another dime.  I'll still keep my membership up and I've even made the occasional donation to the legislative NRA organization (can't remember what it's called).  But I'm not going to support them and be hassled by them. 

The mail eventually stops after you throw away all of the stuff they send that they want you to return if you don't like it.  The first year's dues are surely wasted in mail I just throw away but each year after that I'm actually contributing.

Setup gmail account and enable google voice. Use new phone number for free for all phone spam.
I joined nra last year (in order to join OBRPC) and never got a single call from them. Opted out of all their emails. I get mail from them once in a while, but it is manageable.

Geez I get maybe two or three calls a year, and nothing in the mail that I cannot easily transfer to the kindling pile. Actually I get very little mail from them. I think they're prejudiced against Italians. Anyone have the web address of Mommies Against Guns?

life member as well and the mailing and phone calls never stop.

I don't know how I did it, but I am a Patron Life Member, but have never received a single phone call from the NRA (not a single one), and have only received a few thick envelopes promoting the Ring of Freedom level, maybe twice a year.  Never any real junk.

I'm probably gonna jinx myself but I haven't had a call this year. For a while I actually would get 2 calls a day for 4-5 days about once a month, may be every other month. I shit you not it was bad, last person I got I kindly told them it was becoming harassment, and I was done with it, has bought me some time it seems

Life member for me, forget when the wife's expires. Probably should check that

i may or may not have gotten a call from them today. i got a call from colorado on my cell phone. i didn't answer, and no voicemail was left. i don't get robot calls on my cell phone though, so i'm not sure....i may call that number from the shop phone tomorrow to see.....